India and China begin to disengage from friction areas along the border — terms and conditions apply
- After being caught in a deadlock along the border for over eight months, India and China have agreed upon a plan to disengage India’s defence minister
Rajnath Singhtold the Parliament.
- India will move its troops back to Finger 3, while China will move back to Finger 8 along the peaks surrounding Pangong Tso Lake in
- In order for disengagement to take place, India laid out three terms and conditions to which China has agreed for the time being.
China will begin to move its troops to Finger 8 and India will move back towards Finger 3. India will retain its troops at Dhan Singh Thapa administration camp.
AdvertisementMoreover, all new structures will be dismantled. And, any patrolling in the region will be suspended for the time being.
More disengagement to occur in another 48 hours
Commanders from both sides are scheduled to meet in another 48 hours to discuss the other friction points where Indian Army and Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) troops are face-to-face. “We have made it clear that there should be disengagement at all friction pointson the Line of Actual Control (LAC),” said Singh.
In order for disengagement to take place, Singh disclosed that India laid out three conditions:
- The LAC should be respected.
- No unilateral action to change the status quo.
- All bilateral agreements to be allowed.
“Both sides agree that complete disengagement under bilateral agreements and protocol should be done as soon as possible. China is also aware of our resolve to protect the sovereignty of the country. It is expected that China will work with us to resolve the remaining issues,” Singh told Parliament.
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- Microsoft President Brad Smith reportedly told Bill Gates more than a decade ago to stop emailing female employees
- Kunal Shah’s CRED doubles its valuation to $4 billion in less than six months
- Apple MacBook Pro and AirPods 3 launched – Indian pricing, features and everything you need to know
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- IRCTC crosses ₹1 lakh crore in market cap for the first time as investors adore its monopoly
- Crypto markets restless as Bitcoin ETF gears up to meet the NYSE tonight
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons