Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal warns PM Modi to let his government function freely
In a cold letter to the PM, Kejriwal complained about the postings and transfers done by Lt Governor
This is a day after Kejriwal and Jung took their quarrel to President Pranab Mukherjee, accusing each other of unconstitutional actions.
Kejriwal and his deputy Manish Sisodia had met the President yesterday. They complained that the Lt Governor is dodging the Kejriwal government and interfering in the appointments of secretaries. The Lt Governor has in turn demanded he can appoint and transfer officials. He met Home Minister Rajnath Singh regarding the issue.
The struggle over
Earlier, despite Kejriwal's firm protests, Lt Governor Najeeb Jung had appointed Gamlin on Friday.
(Image credit: Indiatimes)
Popular on BI
- Sennheiser Profile USB Streaming Set review: The go-to microphone for those starting their streaming or podcasting journey
- LIC to Wipro and Vodafone Idea: Stocks which hit a new 52-week low today
- Project Tiger to complete 50 years of tiger conservation next month
- Early-stage startups keen on hiring for mid and junior roles, says a FICCI survey
- SEBI recovers dues worth ₹6.57 crore from Sahara Group firms, Subrata Roy & others