A TikToker's home tour is going viral thanks to a $7,400 chair that's not meant for sitting
- Nora Petersen shared a tour of their home, which they say lacks "normal furniture," on TikTok.
- There's no bookcase, bed frame, or table - but there is a $7,400 chair that holds knitwear.
- The video has gone viral with commenters focused on how Petersen calls themself a "floor person."
Instead of wall art, there's a black purse hanging from the ceiling. Petersen, who goes by @healthy_punk on the app, said they opted to skip the bookcase, so books sit stacked on the floor with spines facing the wall. Petersen is a self-described "floor person," so there's no bed frame, couch, and dining table in sight.
But what's shocked users on TikTok and Twitter is Petersen's only piece of furniture: a chair designed by Rei Kawakubo, a fashion and furniture designer. The steel and steel-wire chair sold on the e-commerce company 1st Dibs for $7,400.
Encouraging everyone to think outside the box and make your home YOURS. Use and place things in unexpected ways!♬ Fingerbib - Aphex Twin
"There's one chair in the room, but it's not meant to be sat on," Petersen says in the video, which has racked up nearly 1 million views since they posted it Thursday.
Petersen said in the video that they use the luxury chair to store their knitwear collection.
In the video's caption, Petersen wrote that they are "encouraging everyone to think outside the box and make your home YOURS."
While the video aims to remind people that they can express themselves how they want, commenters were quick to pick apart the minimalist home.
"Is this a meme?" one TikTok user questioned.
Another commenter was positive it had to be "a parody of those extreme minimalist YouTubers."
On Twitter, some users were focused on the cost of the chair while others created humorous response videos.
-Carey O'Donnell (@ecareyo) September 3, 2021
Petersen later pinned a comment from user @wormwan at the top of the video: "It seems people are really missing the point of this. This is what works for them, and they encourage you to find what works for YOU, without judgment."
Petersen declined Insider's request for comment.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months
- Indian Employees
- Data Science Job
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- OLA electric scooter
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons