An Oregon community came together to build a 500-square-foot tiny house for a teenager who is paralyzed
- Volunteers in Oregon helped build a tiny house for a 16-year-old who was paralyzed last year.
- The group, led by architect Dan Hill, spent six months building the 500-square-foot tiny home.
Last year, Gillaspie, 16, was paralyzed after an accident, and his current home in Springfield, Oregon, wasn't accessible, according to KEZI. So his community in Springfield came together to build a home that would better fit his needs.
The project was led by Dan Hill, an architect at Arbor South Architecture. Hill and dozens of volunteers worked together for six months to build the 500-square-foot home, which sits a few hundred feet from Gillaspie's main house, according to KEZI.
"When we heard about the accident with Ethan becoming paralyzed, we just knew that their existing home wasn't adequate for his ability to maneuver the house," Hill told KEZI.
Hill worked closely with Ethan and his parents to design the home. Since Ethan uses a wheelchair, the home has a large shower and other elements that make the home more accessible to him.
The entire house was built and funded by volunteers, according to Arbor South Architecture's Instagram account.
"They're just the most wonderful family," Hill said. "They're just humble and grateful, and they were open to our ideas and just wanting to help where they could help, too."
- 'Texting between iPhone and Android is broken:' Google puts Apple on blast for converting Android texts to green bubbles and 'blurry' compressed videos
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta arrives next month – here’s how to get early access
- Indian diamantaires want to make lab-grown diamonds a woman’s best friend
- OPINION: World Biofuel Day — Can biofuel help sustainably meet the growing energy needs of India?
- Kotak Mahindra rolls out a lifestyle focused salary account
- Trading on Indian crypto exchange WazirX drops by over 55%, WRX token loses sheen
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Z Flip 4, Watch 5 series, and Buds 2 Pro launched: Check price, specifications and photos
- Will Aamir Khan’s Laal Singh Chaddha be the box of chocolates Bollywood is waiting for?