Dilbert' creator Scott Adams illustrates why 'goals are for losers and passion is overrated
"When a successful person is interviewed, and you say, 'What was the secret to your success?' what they can't say, because society won't let them, is: 'I was smarter, I worked harder, I had better connections, and I got really lucky,'" Adams tells Business Insider. "Instead, they go with a democratic trait: passion."
Adams falls into the camp, which notably includes author Cal Newport, that believes pursuing something you love is not enough. Drawing from his own career, in which he became a successful cartoonist in 1995 after a string of failures, Adams says that finding a "system" is what's necessary to get ahead.
He makes his point in a colorful presentation, which we've published here with his permission.
- Ready-to-move-in properties witness demand uptick in 2023
- Could BBMP’s new climate action plan for Bengaluru restore India's ‘Garden City’ to its former glory?
- Nifty closes just shy of 21K on gains in metal, IT shares; Sensex scales 70k-peak
- Online furniture brand Pepperfry registers Rs 188 cr losses in FY23
- Most searched movies in 2023 – Animal is not in the Top 10 and Adipurush beats Pathaan