Dilip Shanghvi, the common man turned Indian billionaire who is taking home a salary of ₹1
Dilip Shanghviis the founder of $3.6billion, Sun Pharma, India's most valuable pharma outfit.
- He once dethroned Mukesh Ambani as India's richest man but is now witnessing a massive decline in his wealth.
- Sanghvi, "unschooled in science and management" turned Sun Pharma a $3.6 billion multinational company
Though he doesn’t hold that position anymore, his net worth can buy him 138 million barrels of gold, according to Bloomberg billionaire index.
Shanghvi is one of the few billionaires who stay away from limelight and remain undocumented, as he doesn’t “like it”.
Dilip Shanghvi is the founder of $3.6billion, Sun Pharma, India's most valuable pharma company.
He once dethroned Mukesh Ambani as India's richest man, but witnessed a massive decline in his wealth
The Indian billionaire who took home a salary of ₹1 for FY 2019 to cut operational costs
Shanghvi ‘unschooled in science and management’ turned Sun Pharma into a $3.6 billion multinational company
He is known to have appeared in very few interviews and shuns press conferences
Popular on BI
- Fuel your morning: Wholesome South Indian breakfast ideas for health
- Vodafone Idea shares tumble 14%, mcap erodes ₹10,806.7 cr
- National parties declare income of ₹3,077 cr in 2022-23; BJP has highest share
- Human trials may reveal efficacy of new Rs 100 cancer pill: Docs
- Multiplexes' revenue growth to dip to 15% in FY25 as OTTs crimp profit margins