Dolce & Gabbana is mocking anti-Melania Trump boycott threats with $245 t-shirt and fake protest video
The Italian fashion brand, which has faced criticism is recent months for dressing the president's wife, is now selling a $245 t-shirt that reads "#Boycott Dolce & Gabbana."
To accompany the t-shirt launch, Dolce & Gabbana also released a video showing a faux protest packed with young models wearing the t-shirts and joyfully yelling "boycott" as confetti falls from the sky. Bystanders, police, and newscasters look on as the "boycotters" laugh and scream.
Here are some photos of the t-shirt:
Criticism of Dolce & Gabbana's enthusiastic support of Ms. Trump reached a fever pitch in May, when she wore a $51,500 Dolce & Gabbana jacket at the annual G-7 summit in Catania, Italy. However, the Italian designers have been unmoved by criticism.
Stefano Gabbana's Instagram is filled with photos of the first lady, along with photos promoting the "Boycott" t-shirts.
Most recently on Tuesday, Gabbana posted a photo of Melania Trump arriving at the White House, with the caption "THANK YOU," alongside heart and US and Italian flag emojis.
Here's the video that promotes the t-shirt with a faux protest:
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months
- Indian Employees
- Data Science Job
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- OLA electric scooter
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons