Dolce & Gabbana is mocking anti-Melania Trump boycott threats with $245 t-shirt and fake protest video
The Italian fashion brand, which has faced criticism is recent months for dressing the president's wife, is now selling a $245 t-shirt that reads "#Boycott Dolce & Gabbana."
To accompany the t-shirt launch, Dolce & Gabbana also released a video showing a faux protest packed with young models wearing the t-shirts and joyfully yelling "boycott" as confetti falls from the sky. Bystanders, police, and newscasters look on as the "boycotters" laugh and scream.
Here are some photos of the t-shirt:
Criticism of Dolce & Gabbana's enthusiastic support of Ms. Trump reached a fever pitch in May, when she wore a $51,500 Dolce & Gabbana jacket at the annual G-7 summit in Catania, Italy. However, the Italian designers have been unmoved by criticism.
Stefano Gabbana's Instagram is filled with photos of the first lady, along with photos promoting the "Boycott" t-shirts.
Most recently on Tuesday, Gabbana posted a photo of Melania Trump arriving at the White House, with the caption "THANK YOU," alongside heart and US and Italian flag emojis.
Here's the video that promotes the t-shirt with a faux protest:
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors
- Asian Paints' non-executive director Ashwin Dani passes away
- Mapping Zealandia: Scientists chart the tectonic secrets of Earth’s sunken 8th continent
- World Heart Day: Nourish your heart with heart-healthy foods and practical tips