Each Episode Of Yudh Is Costlier Than You Can Imagine
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan made his debut in television fiction with
The show is produced by Endemol and Saraswati productions, and stars Amitabh Bachchan, Sarika, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Kay Kay Menon.
But this is not what we, at Business Insider India, are thinking about. The piece of news for us is that each episode of Yudh costs an estimated Rs 3 crore, which is costlier than any other show ever made on Indian television.
Now, what make this show cost so much are, of course, the star cast, and the impressive marketing that this show is undertaking.
The costliest show on Indian television till now was 24, starring and produced by Anil Kapoor. The show cost Rs 2 crore per episode and ran for two and a half months.
According to reports, Yudh will have 20 episodes.
How the makers are going to cover the cost? Well, another standard that this show has set is that of ad rates. While a 10-second ad spot normally comes for Rs 3 lakh for hit shows with good viewership, the ad slots in between the episodes of Yudh will be paid for almost double of this amount.
Let’s see if this show turns out to be a path breaker in terms of quality content and TRPs too.
Popular on BI
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life