Each OLX transaction is making the environment cleaner
The rise of technology has made it easier than ever to help the
There are plenty of other ways people can use their smartphones to limit their environmental impact. If increasing numbers of people reduce their consumption by
Every time one sells on OLX, the
ALSO READ: EXCLUSIVE: Shashi Tharoor talks about his fears related to demonetization and the Paris Agreement
In the last one year, OLX India transactions have directly curbed 3.3 million tons of CO2 emissions. That is equivalent to 57% of Indian domestic aviation sector’s carbon footprint.
It is also equal to the CO2 emissions that 132 million trees absorb annually, and 6.25 times the emissions replaced by the
The report covered OLX transactions for the financial year 2015-16. All stages of the life-cycle of a product until it reaches the user were taken into account for some of the most traded product categories on OLX. The inclusion of all product categories traded on OLX would have resulted in a significantly larger CO2 equivalent.
- Samhi Hotels lists at just over 6% premium but higher than grey market expectations
- Fintech Zaggle's debut fizzles out with flat listing gains
- Inclusion of India in JP Morgan Global Bond indices to see inflows of $25-40 bn between June 2024 and March 2025
- Glenmark to divest 75% stake in Glenmark Life Sciences to Nirma; stock slips
- Families concerned over 'escalating tension' between India and Canada