A mother, father, and daughter became the first family to graduate and walk the stage together at a private Texas university
- A family walked the stage and graduated from the same university in Texas, KRIS-TV reported.
- The Adams family got their diplomas during the ceremony at Texas Lutheran University on May 13.
A family of three is the first to graduate together from a private university in Texas.
Robyn, Greg, and their daughter Ashley Adams graduated from Texas Lutheran University last week, KRIS-TV reported.
"For the first time in TLU history, the Adams family walked the stage together and accepted their diplomas!" the university tweeted.
The family received their diplomas during the school's spring commencement ceremony on May 13, according to a school press release.
Ashley, an education major, gave her parents the green light to enroll at her school after growing fond of the campus.
"This is my fun fact when I meet people. Who else can say that they went to college with both of their parents and will be walking the stage with them?" Ashley said in the press release. "My parents didn't get to finish their education because they wanted to start a family and there were better opportunities at the time to obtain that goal. I remember how proud I was when they decided to go back to school at a local community college."
Robyn, a master of accountancy major, and Greg, a business major, transferred from Northeast Lakeview College, the press release said. Both of them were able to get fully involved in campus life during their time there.
According to the press release, Robyn connected with her fellow classmates and worked as a "supplemental instructor for Principles of Accounting." Greg, an Army veteran, became a student-athlete and joined the golf team.
To celebrate their accomplishments, the group plans to take a trip to Hawaii, the press release said. Ashley has her eyes on being a math teacher and her parents both received job offers.
"I just can't express how proud and impressed I am," Ashley said.
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- You can buy more Yeezys today, if you can get past the app crashes and error messages
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May