ISC English and Maths exams will now be for 80 marks — the remaining 20 will be on project work
- The class 12th students under the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE) will appear for an 80 marks theory test instead of 100 marks for English and Maths too.
- The board said that the students will now have to submit project work for both these subjects — accounting for 20 marks.
- For English, the students will be assessed based on their listening, speaking and writing skills.
This is as per the new guidelines rolled out by the council for the current academic year. The board said that the students will now have to submit project work for both these subjects — accounting for 20 marks.
“The pattern of assessment of the project work shall be the same as given in the document ISC Year 2022 Regulations and Syllabuses,” CISCE said in a statement.
For English, the students will be assessed based on their listening, speaking, writing skills internally and five marks will be given based on the writing skills showcased in the external assessment. Further in this, speaking skills will be assessed on the basis of theme-based conversation, expression of opinion and narration.
“Students may write about the day they learnt the value of punctuality. Review of a TV serial can be favourable or unfavourable,” Times of India reported citing Gerry Arathoon, Council Chief Executive and Secretary of
On the other hand, Maths projects can be done on any two topics as per the student’s choice. This includes graphs, trigonometric functions and linear equations.
The CISCE is yet to announce the schedule for the remaining examinations for class 10th and 12th. However, it said that rescheduled exams will be conducted in a span of a week — including the weekends.
Meanwhile, CBSE today announced the schedule for the class 10th and 12th board examinations — which will take place from July 1-15, 2020.
CBSE announces class 10th and 12th date sheet for the remaining subjects
Popular on BI
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life