JEE Main, NEET 2020 postponed further — MHRD announces the revised schedule
- The Union Cabinet Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal today announced that the university entrance examinations — including National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) and Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) — have been postponed.
- The JEE Main entrance exam will take place between September 1 to 6 while the JEE advanced is scheduled for September 27, 2020.
- While the medical aspirants will have to appear for the NEET examination on September 13, 2020.
- The development comes after thousands of students took to Twitter to appeal to the government to defer both the entrance examinations.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the JEE Main entrance exam between September 1 to 6 while the JEE advanced is scheduled for September 27, 2020. The regulatory body also announced that the medical aspirants will have to appear for the NEET examination on September 13, 2020.
Keeping in mind the safety of students and to ensure quality education we have decided to postpone #JEE & #NEET exa… https://t.co/RyqncdFMsQ— Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank (@DrRPNishank) 1593784653000
The development comes after thousands of students took to Twitter to appeal to the government to defer both the entrance examinations. On July 2, Pokhriyal said that the NTA will assess the COVID situation before deciding on the examination dates.
“Looking at the prevailing circumstances & requests received from students & parents appearing for JEE & NEET examinations, a committee consisting of NTA and other experts has been advised to review the situation & submit its recommendations to MHRD latest by tomorrow,” Pokhriyal said in a tweet.
Looking at the prevailing circumstances & requests received from students & parents appearing for #JEE & #NEET exam… https://t.co/NF3TUudyQH— Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank (@DrRPNishank) 1593677464000
NTA may now also look to conduct the exams online, given the uncertainty around the COVID crisis.
Earlier, the JEE Mains exam is scheduled between July 19 and July 23, while NEET entrance will be held on July 26, 2020.
According to reports, around 4,000 Indian students — majorly from Kerala — have appealed to the Supreme Court to postpone the
- Gautam Adani crashes out of the $100 billion club, but still is 10x richer than he was 2 years back
- Understanding Gautam Adani’s rise: a story on how to generate wealth via hope, equity and of course debt
- ISRO announces free online course for students above 10 years – eligibility, how to apply and everything you need to know
- Theatres cross pre-pandemic gross revenue collection despite pricey movie tickets
- Former Twitter India head quits his latest metaverse edtech venture
- Realme Pad X tablet with Snapdragon processor launched in China, coming soon to India – check out price, specifications and features
- Amid rumours of Telegram Premium, the messaging app reportedly drops its ‘free forever’ tag line
- Third-party apps connected to your car may be stealing your data