Stalin will table a bill seeking exemption from NEET exams in Tamil Nadu
- MK Stalin to introduce a bill in the state assembly seeking permanent exemption from
- The decision was taken after the news of a 19-year-old boy belonging to the Salem district of
Tamil Nadu, who was to appear for the NEET exam, reported by news agency PTI committed suicide.
- The issue of NEET has been a politically sensitive one in the state of Tamil Nadu, which is among the more advanced states in India for healthcare as well as health education.
He said in his tweet, that the legal battle against the entrance exam was just the beginning and promised to bring a bill against it . The NEET exam is conducted every year in more than 201 cities across the country for admission in undergraduate medical courses. The Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK), the party that Stalin represents, had promised to abolish NEET ahead of the state elections that took place earlier this year.
நீட் எனும் பலிபீடத்தில் மற்றுமொரு மரணம்!கல்வியால் தகுதி வரட்டும்; தகுதி பெற்றால் மட்டுமே கல்வி எனும் அநீதி நீட் ஒ… https://t.co/DHDw4xSmV5— M.K.Stalin (@mkstalin) 1631435404000
The decision was taken after the news of a 19-year-old boy belonging to the Salem district of Tamil Nadu, who was to appear for the NEET exam, reported by news agency PTI committed suicide. The medical aspirant was the son of a farm labourer who was found dead in his room a couple of hours before the exam. According to media reports, his parents were compelling him to appear for the exam for the third time.
The issue of NEET has been a politically sensitive one in the state of Tamil Nadu, which is among the more advanced states in India for healthcare as well as health education. The argument against the common entrance exam for medical colleges is that it puts underprivileged students in remote parts at a disadvantage compared to others.
Tamil Nadu scrapped the NEET exam a decade ago but it was reintroduced in the year 2017 after a Supreme Court order.
Bhupendra Patel will be the new Chief Minister of Gujarat
Apple Watch Series 7 release date, price, features and everything we know so far
Popular on BI
- It’s good that India wants just two GST slabs but it has to ensure it doesn’t hurt consumers
- Best car seat for kids in India
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India
- Best toddler bags for kids in India
- Best smartwatch under ₹15000 in India