None of the India’s top IITs feature in the list of top 30 Asian universities
- Nearly 20 Indian universities were ranked in the top 200 in the
QS World University Rankings: Asia 2020 this year.
- IITs aside, 11 Indian universities were ranked in the top 200 including University of Delhi, University of Mumbai and
- However, even the elite IITs — Bombay, Delhi and Madras campuses — did not make it to the top 30.
IIT Bombay — which the top ranking Indian institutions — ranks 21 in terms of employer reputation and 32 for academic reputation as per the list.
Overall, 96 universities featured in the QS rankings — including 20 new entrants. However, India’s top 10 universities dropped in the Asia rankings compared to last year.
The research also says that Indian education infrastructure is expanding but demand is expanding faster.
“The number of universities has nearly doubled, and the number of colleges has grown by 50%. Nevertheless, the domestic demand for tertiary education of its young population — which is estimated to become the world’s largest by 2030 — is growing more rapidly than the expanded provision,” Ben Sowter, director of research at QS said.
The QS rankings assess universities on 11 parameters including academic reputation, employer reputation, citations per paper and paper per faculty and others.
IITs aside, 11 Indian universities ranked in the top 200 including University of Delhi, University of Hyderabad and
Globally, the National University of Singapore has been ranked as number one for the second consecutive year. It is followed by
Only six Indian institutes featured in top 500 global university rankings
IISc is now the world's second best research institute: QS University Rankings
India’s IIT Delhi now ranks in top 500 world university rankings
Popular on BI
- A boomer moved back to Virginia after living in Florida for a decade. She says she'll 'never own another home' in the Sunshine State and loves the slower pace of life.
- Satellite images reveal Egypt has been quietly building a 16-foot wall on its border with Gaza
- Congressman presses Elon Musk to provide SpaceX satellite services for US defense forces in Taiwan, report says
- The importance of multi-asset investing
- AirAsia looks to add tier-2 and tier -3 cities to its India route map
- Most Internet users avail of OTT services; 53% of them from rural areas: Report
- Companies to dole out 10% average salary hike this year, says survey
- Godrej Appliances expects 20% growth in AC, refrigerator sales in summer season