These are the top central universities in India
- Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) secured the top rank in the list of
top central universitiesby the Ministry of Education on August 13.
- The Rajiv Gandhi University of Arunachal Pradesh ranked second in the list. Jawaharlal Nehru University was ranked third.
- Check the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
It is the first time that the JMI has been placed among the top 10 universities in the NIRF rankings, the institute said. It has been given the 10th rank in the country in the "Universities" category. Last year, it was ranked 12th.
Rajiv Gandhi University, the only central university of Arunachal Pradesh, ranked second in the list. It was followed by Jawaharlal Nehru University (
Top central universities in India, according to the Ministry of Education
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Arunachal Pradesh
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi
- Aligarh Muslim University (AMU)
Meanwhile, the Delhi University (DU) marginally improved its ranking among the universities and in the "Overall" category. However, it is behind the JMI in both categories. DU rose to the 11th position this year from 13th position last year in the university rankings.
Five DU colleges were among the top 10 colleges in the rankings with Miranda House bagging the top honours for the fourth consecutive time, followed by Lady Shri Ram and Hindu College.
A total of 3,771 unique institutions had offered themselves for the "Overall", category-specific or domain-specific rankings for the India Rankings 2020.
Google confirms Drive, Docs, Meet and others report issues along with Gmail being down
More than half the companies in India have faced at least one data breach since going remote
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year