Google Drive, Docs, Meet and others are working again after being out of service for over six hours
- It’s not just Gmail but other services within the Google suite of products that are creating issues for users today.
- Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Meet and other applications that people generally use for remote work are facing problems.
- Google is continuing to investigate the issue and will provide an update shortly.
"The problem with Google Drive should be resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and continued support.," Google said in its final update.
Earlier it noted that there were, “Gmail sending issues. Meet recording issues. Creating files issues in Drive. CSV user upload issues in Admin Console. Posting message issues in Google Chat. Sites adding new pages issues. Keep issues. Voice mail issues.” Gmail was the first service to take a hit. Users reported being unable to attach files to emails, or in some cases, being unable to send emails altogether.
Business Insider reported that Google Drive was also reporting issues alongside Gmail earlier today. The outages aren’t only in India but also in Australia, Japan and other parts of the world.
Gmail was also down last month for a couple of hours, but that was exclusively for users in India. In another instance, Gmail was down for much of the US east coast in April.
However, the last time that multiple Google services were down for thousands of users was back in March when YouTube, Gmail, and others had issues for a few hours.
Gmail down — users report being unable to send emails and attach files
Kepler supernova exploded 400 years ago but hasn’t slowed down — and two pieces of debris are headed towards Earth
Prashant Bhushan rejects Supreme Court's offer to delay sentence but is given two to three days to reconsider statement
Popular on BI
- Toyota was right about hybrid cars all along
- The youngest son of Asia's richest man is getting married, and the pre-wedding event features Rihanna, a 9-page dress code, and live animals
- Check out some of the best and most daring looks at Ambani's pre-wedding bash — from Rihanna to Mark Zuckerberg
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds