Google Drive, Docs, Meet and others are working again after being out of service for over six hours
- It’s not just Gmail but other services within the Google suite of products that are creating issues for users today.
- Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Meet and other applications that people generally use for remote work are facing problems.
- Google is continuing to investigate the issue and will provide an update shortly.
"The problem with Google Drive should be resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and continued support.," Google said in its final update.
AdvertisementEarlier it noted that there were, “Gmail sending issues. Meet recording issues. Creating files issues in Drive. CSV user upload issues in Admin Console. Posting message issues in Google Chat. Sites adding new pages issues. Keep issues. Voice mail issues.” Gmail was the first service to take a hit. Users reported being unable to attach files to emails, or in some cases, being unable to send emails altogether.
Business Insider reported that Google Drive was also reporting issues alongside Gmail earlier today. The outages aren’t only in India but also in Australia, Japan and other parts of the world.
Gmail was also down last month for a couple of hours, but that was exclusively for users in India. In another instance, Gmail was down for much of the US east coast in April.
However, the last time that multiple Google services were down for thousands of users was back in March when YouTube, Gmail, and others had issues for a few hours.
Gmail down — users report being unable to send emails and attach files
Kepler supernova exploded 400 years ago but hasn’t slowed down — and two pieces of debris are headed towards Earth
Prashant Bhushan rejects Supreme Court's offer to delay sentence but is given two to three days to reconsider statement
- OPPO A74 smartphone with 5G support and 90Hz display to launch in India soon, to be priced under ₹20,000
- VCs say 10 unicorns in 4 months may seem too small by the end of this year
- Timelapse in Google Earth shows you the slow and scary demise of our only home in 3D
- Bhima Jewellery’s ‘Pure as love’ campaign is trending, and for all the right reasons
- Samsung Galaxy M42 5G to launch in India on April 28 – Specs, expected price and everything we know so far