Electronic Arts jokingly tweeted 'invest in Crypto' - and crypto whiz kid Justin Sun replied by touting his Tron platform's games
- Electronic Arts jokingly tweeted "invest in Crypto" to promote a new character in Apex Legends, and Justin Sun replied by touting his Tron platform's games.
- "Check out games built on #TRON @WINkorg," the Tron and BitTorrent CEO responded, tagging Wink, an online gaming platform on the Tron network.
- Binance, Huobi Global, Bitcoin Magazine, and other members of the crypto community cheered EA's marketing stunt.
- Sun made headlines this year after he paid $4.6 million to have lunch with Warren Buffett and invited Donald Trump to join them, only to postpone the meal at the last minute, sparking conspiracies he was in trouble with the Chinese government.
- Here are 6 things to know about Justin Sun.
- Here's a timeline of the Buffett lunch saga.
- Here's everyone Sun has invited to the Buffett lunch.
The video game giant made the comment after Apex Legends - its Fortnite-style shooter - announced it would release its third season on October 1 and introduced Crypto, a new Legend. EA's tweet drew positive responses from several players in the crypto community including Binance, Huobi Global, and Bitcoin Magazine.
Tron - which operates the 13th largest cryptocurrency, according to CoinMarketCap - boasts games such as CropBytes and Magic Academy on its platform. Sun tagged Wink, an online gaming application built on the Tron blockchain, in his reply to EA.
Sun, a protégé of Alibaba founder Jack Ma, made headlines this year after he paid $4.6 million for a charity lunch with Warren Buffett and invited several crypto bosses as well as President Donald Trump to attend. However, he postponed at the last minute, sparking conspiracies he was in trouble with the Chinese government. The lunch is reportedly being rescheduled.
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Akash Ambani to head Reliance Jio - that’s just phase I of Mukesh Ambani’s succession plan
- New Maruti Suzuki Brezza launched at ₹7.99 Lakh — check features, specifications
- GST rates raised again, take out your cheque books. Wait, that’s taxed too
- Eknath Shinde to be the new Chief Minister of Maharashtra
- Lenskart acquires majority stake in Japanese eyewear brand for $400 million