Electronic Arts jokingly tweeted 'invest in Crypto' - and crypto whiz kid Justin Sun replied by touting his Tron platform's games
- Electronic Arts jokingly tweeted "invest in Crypto" to promote a new character in Apex Legends, and Justin Sun replied by touting his Tron platform's games.
- "Check out games built on #TRON @WINkorg," the Tron and BitTorrent CEO responded, tagging Wink, an online gaming platform on the Tron network.
- Binance, Huobi Global, Bitcoin Magazine, and other members of the crypto community cheered EA's marketing stunt.
- Sun made headlines this year after he paid $4.6 million to have lunch with Warren Buffett and invited Donald Trump to join them, only to postpone the meal at the last minute, sparking conspiracies he was in trouble with the Chinese government.
- Here are 6 things to know about Justin Sun.
- Here's a timeline of the Buffett lunch saga.
- Here's everyone Sun has invited to the Buffett lunch.
Tron - which operates the 13th largest cryptocurrency, according to CoinMarketCap - boasts games such as CropBytes and Magic Academy on its platform. Sun tagged Wink, an online gaming application built on the Tron blockchain, in his reply to EA.Sun launched Tron Arcade last November and pledged to invest up to $100 million into the gaming fund over three years. "Let's build the next generation of games together!" he tweeted at the time.
Sun, a protégé of Alibaba founder Jack Ma, made headlines this year after he paid $4.6 million for a charity lunch with Warren Buffett and invited several crypto bosses as well as President Donald Trump to attend. However, he postponed at the last minute, sparking conspiracies he was in trouble with the Chinese government. The lunch is reportedly being rescheduled.Read more: Crypto whiz kid Justin Sun is giving away $1.2 million to 100 people next year - and wants Andrew Yang to help him
- L’Oréal Paris and ambassadors Aditi Rao Hydari, Sobhita Dhulipala, Shakti Mohan and Mithali Raj share their heartfelt gratitude for heroes on International Nurses Day
- This cryptocurrency is valued at $45 billion, and it's just a day old
- India's geo imaging satellite launch delayed due to rising COVID-19 cases
- Gartner report reveals global chip shortage may continue till Q2 2022
- COVID-19: Gurugram, Faridabad and Sonipat districts in Haryana worst hit with new infections