Elizabeth Holmes: The Youngest Self-made Woman Billionaire You’ve Never Heard Of
In a refreshing change from the world of billion dollar photo sharing apps and cloud computing software, Elizabeth Holmes, through her
Holmes dropped out of
Instead of several vials of blood for every test, Theranos requires only a pinprick and a drop of blood. They can perform hundreds of tests, from standard cholesterol checks to sophisticated genetic analyses, on just a few drops of blood. The results are faster, more accurate, and far cheaper than conventional methods.
Theranos began to offer services directly to consumers via Theranos Wellness Centers located inside Walgreens stores in 2013. There are 21 centers so far, with more on the way. The company claims low-cost blood tests could save the
Holmes has shown that there is plenty of potential for start-ups in industries where you wouldn’t usually expect it. Here is a hope that we will see more innovation in such industries in the future. You can visit the website at www.theranos.com for more information.
About the author: This article has been contributed by Kabir Singh (www.econrebel.com)
Popular on BI
- Surrogacy rules changed, couples with medical condition can use donor gametes
- Reliance Jio and Airtel add subscribers as Vi’s subscriber base continues to decline
- Sensex, Nifty advance in early trade on positive global cues
- Infosys CEO Salil Parekh joins USISPF Board
- Manohar Joshi: The 'Sir' with a stern demeanour