Elon Musk confirms Spotify is coming to Tesla cars, but there's a way to get it right now
- Official Spotify support is "coming" to Tesla cars, CEO Elon Musk confirmed on Twitter.
- Musk hinted at the music-streaming service coming to Tesla's cars back in July.
- There's still no timetable for official Spotify support, although there is a workaround for Tesla owners who want Spotify in their cars.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
With one word, Elon Musk gave hope to Tesla owners everywhere that have been craving official Spotify support in their cars.That's right: Musk says Spotify is "coming" to Tesla cars soon.Advertisement
This is a decent improvement over the last public conversation between Musk and Tesla owners about Spotify, when someone asked for Spotify support and the Tesla CEO replied simply with:
Elon Musk: A man of many words.While Tesla drivers in Europe have enjoyed Spotify support for years now, Tesla has a deal with the internet-radio service Slacker in North America, so drivers in the US and Canada must contend with that service instead.
Tesla is still working on building out official support for Spotify, but thankfully, there is a way to give your Tesla car unofficial Spotify support. Of course, you can still control Spotify on your phone and connect it to your Tesla via Bluetooth, but if you want to see your Spotify collection on the car's beautiful touchscreen display, YouTuber Tesla Raj created a quick five-minute video that explains how to make Spotify work in your Tesla car: All you'll need is a smartphone with Bluetooth, Spotify Premium, and the latest Tesla car software. The setup actually works pretty well! You can check out the guide below.Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
Coming- Elon Musk (@elonmusk) August 15, 2019
Ok- Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 10, 2019
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store
- IN PICS: Mitra and other humanoid robots help COVID-19 patients stuck in quarantine across hospitals in India
- Brands that demonstrate they care for consumers, communities and the environment will find favor with today’s and tomorrow’s consumers: Preeti Reddy, Kantar