Elon Musk is a big fan of climate activist Greta Thunberg
REUTERS/Mike Blake/Anders Hellberg
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted glowingly about 16-year-old climate change activist Greta Thunberg.
- Thunberg has become a globally recognised figure and led the movement which inspired huge strikes all over the world on Friday.
- Musk said on Saturday that Thunberg shows "better reasoning [and] more heart than the vast majority of political leaders."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Elon Musk tweeted his support of iconoclastic climate change activist Greta Thunberg on Saturday.
Musk retweeted an article from Scientific American about Thunberg's role in the global climate change protests last week. A Twitter user commented in response: "Let's let a 16 year old determine world policy. I love you Elon, but this is wrong."
Musk replied that Thunberg is a "16 year old who has better reasoning [and] more heart than the vast majority of political leaders."
Millions of people all over the world joined strikes on Friday demanding governments and businesses take action to combat climate change. The strike movement was inspired by Thunberg after she started striking every Friday in 2018.
Elon Musk is a vocal opponent of fossil-fuels, and has said that his electric vehicle company Tesla is part of his vision for a greener world.
Musk also served on two advisory White House councils in 2017, but quit after President Trump pulled the US out of the Paris climate accord. "Am departing presidential councils. Climate change is real. Leaving Paris is not good for America or the world," Musk tweeted at the time.
A 16 year old who has better reasoning & more heart than the vast majority of political leaders- Elon Musk (@elonmusk) September 20, 2019
- How OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- Christian Louboutin Announces a Joint Venture Partnership in India with Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Limited
- ICC Rankings: Ravi Bishnoi becomes world's No.1 T20I bowler
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- Air India rejigs 250-aircraft Airbus order
- Retail trumps corporate lending as small-ticket loans see fourfold jump in past two years