Emojis can spice up online dating and even lead to sex — only if you know what they mean
- Just like other symbols,
emojisare open to multiple interpretations.
- People who use more emojis are more likely to land a
first dateand have sex than people who do not.
- According to an article, an eggplant emoji can also be interpreted as a penis and a donut can also mean a vagina.
For those who use it well, it might as well be a powerful tool. One can use the various emojis on the phone like flowers, fruits, birds, vegetables, animals, and even smileys and turn it into an interesting conversation that can lead to sexting. And even sex!
People who use more emojis are more likely to land a first date and have sex than people who do not, a study by Kinsey Institute in USA said.
"We find that the use of emojis allows daters to communicate important effective information to potential partners which facilitates successful intimate connection and more romantic and sexual opportunities," stated the study.
However, the study conducted on 5,000 people in the US did not reveal which emojis were people using the most.
Eggplants and Donuts
But emojis conversations are not easy. Unlike in the case of language, emojis can confuse new users and novices. Like symbols, they are open to multiple interpretations.
The Times of India recently unravelled how people can interpret emojis. And the results are shocking.
"Those new to digital flirting, beware - purple brinjal (an eggplant) may not mean baingan bharta (an Indian dish) for dinner, and not everyone squirting teardrops is sad,” the article said.
An innocent vegetable emoji can be interpreted as a kinky message. An eggplant or a brinjal emoji can be interpreted as a penis, and a donut can also mean a vagina.
A Twitter user however challenged the article posting the correct meaning of the emoji donut while sexting.
@suzyjeons This is preposterous! @TOIIndiaNews needs to get their facts right. =Rimming =Vagina— handsome boi (@xelocin) 1521536821000
The emoji flirting theory however proves and age old theory--that true intimacy is possible only when like-minded people are involved.
Cruise workers say they have so much sex on ships that it's comparable to college dorms
- Maharashtra gives packages for tribals, labourers hit by lockdown
- Tamil Nadu simplifies e-pass procedure
- Here’s what ZEE5’s short video platform HiPi is all about
- Gunjan Saxena, Churails, Abhay 2 — all other movies and shows you can binge on Netflix, Zee5, Amazon Prime and Disney+ Hotstar
- 4,000 people to attend I-Day celebrations at Red Fort — to maintain 'Do Gaz ki Doori'