Disney Shuts Down LucasArts Video Game Company
The Mouse House announced today that it will be laying off all 150 people at the game publishing division of Lucasfilm.
Current projects, "Star Wars: First Assault" and the much-hyped "
Here's the official statement:
"After evaluating our position in the games market, we've decided to shift LucasArts from an internal development to a licensing model, minimizing the company's risk while achieving a broader portfolio of quality Star Wars games. As a result of this change, we've had layoffs across the organization. We are incredibly appreciative and proud of the talented teams who have been developing our new titles."
Disney purchased Lucasfilm October of last year for $4 billion.
Last month, Lucasfilm announced it was ending its popular Cartoon Network series, "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," and was delaying Seth Green's future animated series, "Star Wars Detours."
- IT jobs are safer than startup jobs but a salary bubble burst awaits them
- Kia EV6 is now up for pre-booking in India — All you need to know about the futuristic electric vehicle
- This travel agency stock has given 183% returns in a year - after pandemic changed its fortunes
- Gautam Adani crashes out of the $100 billion club, but still is 10x richer than he was 2 years back
- Rajat Patidar’s century is the fastest of all seven centuries in this season of IPL
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Ambassador Electric Cars
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction