Adam Driver said his son 'hates movies' and has 'no interest' in watching his new film '65' despite loving dinosaurs
- Adam Driver said his son "hates movies" and has no interest in watching his films.
- The actor went on the "Late Night with Seth Meyers" to promote his new film "65."
It's safe to say at least one person isn't in any rush to see Adam Driver's new film "65."
During a recent appearance on "Late Night with Seth Meyers," the "Star Wars" actor said his son isn't a fan of movies and has "no interest" in going to see "65," which premiered in cinemas on Friday.
Driver shares his son, who he has not named publicly, with his wife Joanne Tucker. The couple, who are expecting their second child, met while studying at Julliard in New York City and tied the knot in 2013, People Magazine reports.
Speaking to Myers about his son, Driver said that he has tried occasionally to watch movies with his son. "And he's like 'Oh, that's cool. I hate movies.' He hates movies," the actor said.
Driver explained that the first film he showed his son was "Mary Poppins," to which he gave an unenthusiastic review. "He's like 'Eh, it was ok,'" he said.
However, Driver was much more hopeful about capturing his son's interests with "65." According to IMDB, the film stars Driver as an astronaut who crash-lands on earth 65 million years ago and has to survive against the threat of dinosaurs.
Driver said his son is a huge fan of dinosaurs, which is why he ended up saying yes to doing the film in the first place. However, despite being incredibly passionate about dinosaurs – so much so that he is able to name a variety of species – his son told Driver he isn't going to watch the movie in the end because he thinks it's "too scary."
"I basically made this thing for him to watch that he has no interest in watching," Driver said.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Some people are apparently ditching their iPhones for a foldable Razr model. Yes, the kind that was popular 20 years ago.
- Indian homes expected to make half their payments digitally in 3 years
- Vision Pro to iOS 17: Apple’s top six announcements at WWDC 2023
- New Apple iOS: If you have these devices, it might be time to upgrade
- Here’s how to download and install iOS 17 developer beta on your iPhone
- Adani Group repays loans worth $2.65 bn to complete prepayment programme