Amazon Prime Video gained ground on Netflix with help from its new superhero series, 'The Boys'
- Amazon Prime Video made up 12.4% of global audience demand among streaming platforms in the third quarter of the year, according to Parrot Analytics, the most gain in demand for any platform.
- Netflix is still the global champion, but dipped slightly in audience demand compared to Q2, even though it released the third season of "Stranger Things."
- Prime Video's "The Boys" helped drive Prime demand and was the platform's top series in a number of regions in Q3.
- "The Boys" achieved "outstanding" demand in the US and "drove noticeable demand" for Prime Video in the action/adventure genre, according to Parrot Analytics.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
"The Boys" gave Amazon Prime Video a boost against Netflix in a key area.
Prime Video had the largest gain in global audience demand in the third quarter (July to September) of the year compared to its streaming competitors, according to a new Q3 report from Parrot Analytics. Prime Video made up 12.4% of global demand share among streaming services, an increase from its 10.8% global demand share in Q2.
Netflix is still the global streaming champion, making up 61.3% of the global demand share among streaming platforms. But even with the blockbuster "Stranger Things" leading the way throughout the quarter, Netflix dipped slightly from its Q2 global demand share of 62.6%, continuing what Parrot Analytics called a "multi-quarter global loss of demand share to competing platforms."
Parrot Analytics measures "demand expressions," the company's standardized TV demand measurement unit that reflect the desire, engagement, and viewership of a series weighted by importance.
Parrot Analytics said in the Q3 report that "The Boys," which premiered in July and is returning for season two next year, achieved "outstanding" demand in the US and "drove noticeable demand" for Prime Video in the action/adventure genre, which contributed to Netflix's drop in demand in this space.
"The Boys" was the fifth most in-demand original streaming series in the US and the UK for Q3, but the top show for Prime Video in both regions. It was also popular in Vietnam and the Philippines, ranking third and fifth for the quarter, respectively.
Amazon said in August that "The Boys" was one of its most watched originals ever. In October, Nielsen said that the series averaged 4.1 million viewers an episode in the first 10 days of its release.
- Paradeep Phosphates IPO — how to check allotment status
- Aether Industries Limited IPO open today — check out other important dates
- Realme Pad Mini review – a good option for entry-level users
- Top 5 SUV cars under ₹20 Lakhs
- Best free Android games without ads in 2022
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction