Amy Robach told Reese Witherspoon she had ideas for 'plotlines' on 'The Morning Show' months before her relationship with T.J. Holmes became public
- An October interview shows Amy Robach telling Reese Witherspoon she has ideas for "The Morning Show."
- Robach's relationship with "GMA3" coanchor T.J. Holmes became public about two months later.
In a resurfaced interview on "Good Morning America," Amy Robach told Reese Witherspoon that she had ideas for "plotlines" for the Apple TV+ drama "The Morning Show."
The interview took place in early October, about two months before photos were published by the Daily Mail on November 30 showing Robach and her "GMA3: What You Need To Know" coanchor T.J. Holmes holding hands and traveling together.
During the interview in question, Witherspoon asked the GMA hosts if they liked the show and if it "hit home a little bit."
Robach said she loved the drama that takes viewers behind the scenes of all of the politics and drama of a morning news show.
"We could give you a few more plotlines if you'd like," she said.
Witherspoon laughed and asked Robach to "email me, girl!"
—mich ❀ (@pikemargulies) December 1, 2022
Robach and Holmes have been coanchors on "GMA3" since Holmes joined the show in September 2020, per Deadline.
"I think a lot of people are shocked but not super surprised," one source, who preferred to remain anonymous but whose identity and ties to "Good Morning America" were verified by Insider's Joi-Marie McKenzie and Libby Torres, said of the potential relationship between Holmes and Robach.
The source added that the pair were "very much bonded" on and off the set of their show, which is also hosted by Dr. Jennifer Ashton.
Insider's source said on Friday that ABC staffers "are a bit annoyed" by Holmes and Robach's relationship.
"They have an air of entitlement honestly," the source added."People are kind of waiting for an explanation because we're just as confused as the rest of the world."
Robach has been married to former "Melrose Place" actor Andrew Shue since February 2010, as reported by People.
Holmes married his wife Marilee Fiebig in March 2010, per a Facebook post he wrote for their 10th anniversary in 2020.
Both parties are reportedly separated from their spouses, People reported.
"This was two consenting adults who were each separated. They both broke up with their spouses in August within weeks of each other," a source told People's Stephanie Wenger and Joelle Goldstein. "The relationship didn't start until after that."
Holmes and Robach were temporarily taken off the air as hosts of "GMA 3" as of December 5, because of the "distraction" their relationship caused both internally and in public, ABC News President Kim Godwin told NBC News on Monday. Their relationship reportedly does not violate policy.
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- Toyota reports highest-ever monthly sales in May at 20,410 units
- Indian aviation regulator asks airlines to frame deplaning guidelines in case of emergency
- Zendesk lays off 320 employees; 8% of workforce
- India’s top 10 transformation moves in the last decade according to Morgan Stanley
- Kotak report sounds a warning for the ‘nonchalant’ Indian market investor