'Batwoman' actress wants to take the Batmobile for a spin and hints we could see the show address police brutality on season 2
- Warning: There are massive spoilers ahead for the season two premiere of "
- New "Batwoman" star
Javicia Lesliespoke with Insider about some of the episode's biggest moments.
- Kate Kane (Ruby Rose), the former Batwoman, goes missing and is presumably dead.
- Leslie said she has no idea what happened to Kate.
The season two premiere of "Batwoman" kicked off with a new lead star in Javicia Leslie, a mystery surrounding the location of former Batwoman Kate Kane, and the first sighting of Bruce Wayne's Batmobile.
You better believe Leslie is ready to get behind the wheel.
"Oh yeah, for sure. Definitely," Leslie told Insider when asked if she's hoping to take a spin in the Caped Crusader's ride this season.
Along with sharing how she wants to get behind the Batmobile's wheel, Leslie broke down some of the more spoiler-filled moments on the premiere with Insider.
She dishes on whether or not she knows what happened to Kate Kane (Ruby Rose), and what's going on with her character at the end of the episode after getting punctured with a piece of kryptonite.
Insider: They really up the ante with season two. Right from the start, we have this mystery around Kate Kane, and then we have an imposter Batman with a Batmobile. When you saw the script for the episode and you learned you were going to get chased by the Batmobile, what was your reaction?
Leslie: Oh my goodness! I grew up watching Batman and we didn't get to have the Batmobile in the first season. So you need to start the second season off with the Batmobile and, what looks like, Bruce Wayne. It's just freaking epic. It's one of the best ways to start off such a dope season to come. I was just really, really excited when I read that.
Read more: 'Batwoman' star Javicia Leslie is 'very honored' to be playing the iconic hero, especially after US Capitol riots
On the premiere, we learn Kate Kane's plane went down and she's currently missing. The show leaves it open for Kate to potentially return and have more than one Batwoman. Do you have any theories about what happened to her?
I actually don't know. I'm a few episodes in and I don't know and [showrunner] Caroline [Dries] hasn't told me and I don't want to know. I want to find out as we go on.
Ryan gets impaled with kryptonite after her fight with Tommy. Luke said it should have killed her. She seems all right, but at the episode's very end, we see something's brewing. It looks like the kryptonite latched onto you. Is there a chance we may learn that Ryan is connected to some powerful forces in the DC universe that you may not be aware of or is she going to turn into something?
You'll definitely see. I will tell you that little kryptonite's going to be a little bothersome for a while. You'll definitely see. I can't tell you too much beyond that.
Earlier on in the episode, there's a point where Bruce - who's really Tommy/Hush - picks up a newspaper. I don't know if you noticed this, but one of the headlines reads "GCPD answer to charges of systemic racism." I'm not sure if that was a throwaway line or if season two plans to address police brutality at all within the Gotham City Police Department.
I don't know yet because I haven't gotten the scripts for anything past what we've worked on, but I definitely see that being something that may become addressed, not just because of what's going on in society, but truly you're talking about the GCPD. I think that it's super important that we do address these issues, but I also think that we should still have fun creating the show.
The second season of "Batwoman" airs on
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- OPEC Plus will continue oil output cuts as prices remain unchanged
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more