Billie Eilish brags that she 'pulled' boyfriend Jesse Rutherford and calls him the 'hottest' person 'alive'
- Billie Eilish discussed her relationship with Jesse Rutherford in a new interview with Vanity Fair.
- When asked if she has a boyfriend, Eilish replied, "Yeah, I do. And it's really cool and I'm really excited."
Billie Eilish opened up about her boyfriend Jesse Rutherford and bragged that she "pulled" the 31-year-old rocker.
When asked if she has a boyfriend, Eilish replied, "Yeah, I do. And it's really cool and I'm really excited and I'm really happy about it."
The singer-songwriter added that she has long admired Rutherford and is proud that he even knows who she is.
"I managed to get my way to a point in my life, my life to a point, where I not only was known by a person that I thought was the hottest fucking fucker alive, but pulled his ass," she said. "Are you kidding me? Can we just, round of applause for me?"
After Eilish took a moment to bow, she added, "Jesse Rutherford, everyone. I pulled his ass. All me. I did that shit. I locked that motherfucker down."
She went on to describe what makes her happy in a relationship, revealing that her love language is physical touch.
"I just need to be touching skin all the time. Touching and cuddling and hugging," she said. "Other than that, just like, freedom. I don't want to be controlled. I want to be trusted and I want to be able to have space and I want love and attention. And equal admiration is really important. I'm just really inspired by this person and he's inspired by me."
Eilish met Rutherford in 2017 when she was 15 years old. She was an avowed fan of his band The Neighbourhood and had previously attended one of their concerts in Los Angeles.
The two musicians sparked dating rumors in October after they were photographed having dinner together. They were later spotted holding hands at Universal Studios and kissing outside of a restaurant in Los Angeles. Eilish and Rutherford made their red-carpet debut as a couple in early November.
Their 11-year age gap has sparked some criticism online, particularly after they seemed to mock fans' concerns by dressing up as a baby and an old man for Halloween.
Eilish, who will turn 21 next month, alluded to this backlash earlier in her Vanity Fair video when asked what kind of "constructive criticism" she would offer to her fans.
"Maybe trust me," she replied. "I'm in control. I'm in charge. I know what I'm doing. I'm OK. You can trust me. I'm not going anywhere."
During her 2021 interview, Eilish also replied affirmatively when asked if she had a boyfriend, although she didn't reveal his identity. She was rumored to be dating Matthew Tyler Vorce at the time, who is 10 years her senior. He confirmed their split in May.
"I feel extremely grateful for the relationship that I was in last year," Eilish explained in this year's edition, which was published on Monday. "I think he's fucking so much happier now, which makes me really happy."
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip
- BMW launches its 3rd gen BMW X1 in India
- YouTube Music on the web gets mood filters
- Premium segment contributed 35% of overall smartphone market revenue in 2022
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India