Britney Spears' conservatorship could finally end at an upcoming hearing in November
Britney Spearscould be freed from her conservatorship by the end of the year.
- On Wednesday a judge suspended her dad from the conservatorship, and scheduled a new hearing.
- The upcoming November 12 hearing will be focused on "termination" of the legal guardianship.
On Wednesday, Judge Brenda Penny granted Britney Spears' petition request for her father's immediate suspension from her conservatorship. The next goal for Spears and her lawyer, Mathew Rosengart, have is for the legal arrangement to be terminated entirely.
As Insider learned while observing the court proceedings, the dissolution of Spears' conservatorship will be the subject of an upcoming November 12 hearing.
Both Rosengart and attorneys for Jamie Spears agree that the termination of the conservatorship - which was first put in place 13 years ago following Spears' two involuntary stays in psychiatric facilities - should be considered by the court at this time.
Earlier this month, lawyers for Jamie Spears filed a petition to the court stating that Britney Spears was "entitled to have this Court now seriously consider whether this conservatorship is no longer required."
Prior to Wednesday's hearing, one of Rosengart's own petitions stated the priority for Spears was to have her dad removed as the conservator of her estate, and then the focus would be on getting the entire conservatorship lifted.
"Ms. Spears will seek appointment of a temporary, short-term conservator to replace Mr. Spears's until the conservatorship is completely and inevitably terminated this fall," the filing said.
Effective immediately following Wednesday's hearing, Jamie Spears has been suspended. A CPA (certified public accountant) named John Zabel has been temporarily put in charge of Spears' financial estate. Jodi Montgomery remains the conservator overseeing the singer's personal affairs.
For live updates on the hearing, follow Insider's report here.
- Australia researchers find poor sleep may be risk factor for Type 2 diabetes
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- NPCI defers UPI market cap rules till Dec 31, 2024
- SC quashes Kerala HC order granting anticipatory bail to 4 in ISRO espionage case
- India coal production for April-Nov period up 17%, to 524mn tonnes
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World