Britney Spears says she met up with her mother Lynne for the first time in 3 years and they are trying to 'make things right'
- Britney Spears said in her latest Instagram post that she has reunited with her mother Lynne Spears.
- Britney has been feuding with her family over her 13-year-long conservatorship.
Britney Spears said she reconnected with her mother Lynne Spears for the first time since her 13-year conservatorship ended.
The pop star has been feuding with her family, including her father Jamie Spears, brother Bryan Spears, and sister Jamie Lynn Spears, over her years-long conservatorship that ended in November 2021.
In a now-deleted Instagram post last year, Spears also accused her mother specifically of abusing her and helping to plot her conservatorship behind her back.
However, in a new Instagram post shared Thursday night, the 41-year-old singer said that she and her mother have started making amends.
"My sweet mama showed up at my door step yesterday after 3 years," Spears wrote.
"It's been such a long time … with family there's always things that need to be worked out … but time heals all wounds !!!"
"And after being able to communicate what I've held in for an extremely long time, I feel so blessed we were able to try to make things RIGHT !!! I love you so much," the "Toxic" singer continued.
She added: "Psss… I'm so blessed we can have coffee together after 14 years !!! Let's go shopping afterwards !!!"
In 2021, amid Spears' legal battle to end her conservatorship, Lynne was supportive of ending the conservatorship and removing her ex-husband Jamie from overseeing Spears' affairs.
However, after the trial ended, Spears wrote on Instagram, in a now-deleted post, that both her parents can "burn in hell."
When Spears got married to Sam Asghari last year, she didn't invite any members of her family to her wedding apart from her two children with her ex-husband Kevin Federline.
After the event, her youngest son Jayden James told "60 Minutes Australia" that he and his brother Sean Preston skipped the wedding because they felt uncomfortable attending when the rest of the family was not invited.
"I'm really happy for them, but she didn't invite the whole family," the teenager said. "And then if it was just gonna be me and Preston, I just don't see how that situation would have ended on good terms."
Jamie Lynn and Lynne still supported Britney's wedding through social media.
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- You can buy more Yeezys today, if you can get past the app crashes and error messages
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May