Britney Spears supporters could be heard chanting from inside the courtroom during conservatorship hearing
- A judge ruled on Wednesday that
Jamie Spearsbe suspended immediately from his daughter's conservatorship. Britney Spearsfans gathered outside the courthouse, waving signs and chanting as the hearing commenced.
- A crowd of supporters outside could even be heard chanting from inside the courtroom.
A crowd of Britney Spears supporters outside the Los Angeles County Superior Court could be heard chanting from inside the courtroom on Wednesday as a judge ruled in favor of the singer's request to suspend her father immediately from her 13-year conservatorship.
Fans of the pop singer gathered outside the courthouse on Wednesday afternoon to hold a #FreeBritney rally as her legal team faced off against her father's. The street in front of the Stanley Mosk Courthouse in downtown Los Angeles was closed as the group congregated directly outside the federal building, waving signs and hosting speakers.
About an hour into the hearing, which Insider attended, a crowd of fans made their way to a courtyard directly outside the packed courtroom where Judge Brenda Penny was overseeing the contentious hearing.
The fans' chants and cheering could be heard from inside the courtroom for nearly five minutes as legal arguments proceeded. They waved flags and held signs, while shouting "Hey, hey. Ho, ho. The conservatorship has got to go."
Courthouse security said the group eventually left on their own to continue marching around the building.
During the hearing, Judge Penny ruled in favor of a petition filed earlier this summer by Britney Spears' lawyer, Matthew Rosengart, to suspend the singer's father, Jamie, as the conservator of his daughter's financial estate. That position will temporarily be filled by John Zabel, a California-based consultant, Penny ruled.
The hearing continued following Penny's ruling.
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- As a mom, I know punishments don't work. Parents should be trying to find a connection instead.
- List of famous things to buy in Munnar
- Ads that sailed into the eye of a controversy
- India tops world ranking in digital payments, records 89.5 million transactions in 2022: MyGovIndia
- Will regulate AI and ensure it doesn't harm digital citizens: Rajeev Chandrasekhar
- Road accident death rate has dropped in Kerala after AI cameras became operational: Transport Minister