COVID-19: Taraji P Henson, Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation collaborate to address mental health needs
According to Deadline, the "Empire" star via The Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation (BLHF) and TASF by Afeni Shakur, mother of the late multifaceted Tupac have launched the Matching Gift campaign to support free access to mental health therapy.
Donations will provide free emergency virtual therapy sessions with trained therapists to address specific needs that will help cope with stress and address trauma due to COVID-19.All funds, up to USD 25,000, raised by TASF will be matched and donated to BLHF.
People with life-changing stressors and anxiety related to the novel virus will be paid the cost for up to five individual sessions on a first-come, first-served basis until all funds are committed or exhausted.Besides Henson, Hollywood names such as Demi Lovato and Emma Stone have also engaged in discussions over mental health amid the pandemic. RDSRDS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Top 10 longest sixes in IPL matches from 2008 to till date
- OPINION: Regulation of games of skill under a central legislative regime is the need of the hour
- OPINION: Why weekend lockdowns and night curfews aren't the only solution to India's surging cases of COVID-19
- Haryana government declares summer vacation in schools due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19 vaccine 'Covaxin' is effective against double mutant strain found in India, says ICMR