Dave Chappelle, Whitney Cummings raise over USD 100k for struggling comics during COVID-19
The LA-based stand-up venue The Comedy Store hosted a live three-part podcast benefit to help the talent in need, reported Entertainment Weekly.
Chappelle, who is quarantined at his home in Ohio, was the surprise guest in the show's final segment hosted by Neal Brennan and also featured Burr and "Chappelle's Show" alum Donnell Rawlings.
Chappelle and other comics recalled how life used to be before the COVID-19 outbreak -- with tours, working with the late Charlie Murphy, and what it was like behind-the-scenes of the Comedy Central series.
The segments also featured conversations with Cummings, Chris D'Elia, Tom Segura and Andrew Santino.
The Comedy Store was one of many businesses forced to shut down due to the pandemic.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Explained: TCS on your child's overseas education and mitigating strategies
- From Pixel 8 to Galaxy S23 FE – smartphones launching in October 2023
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams
- Eating your way to clear vision: 10 foods for healthy eyes
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine