Emma Thompson says rehearsing nude for her new movie wasn't a first for her: 'I spent two delightful days nude with Jeff Goldblum when I was in my 20s'
- Emma Thompson said she had to spend a day rehearsing in the nude for her new movie "Good Luck to You, Leo Grande."
- She also revealed she spent "two delightful days in the nude with Jeff Goldblum" while filming "The Tall Guy."
Emma Thompson revealed at the Sundance Film Festival that she had to rehearse nude with costar Daryl McCormack for their new movie, "Good Luck to You, Leo Grande."
But the seasoned actress told Vanity Fair that this is not the first time she's had to rehearse for a film naked. In fact, in her 20s, she spent "two delightful days in the nude with Jeff Goldblum" when they were filming "The Tall Guy."
"We were both so nervous," she said of her naked days with Goldblum. "We both had indigestion I think for two weeks beforehand. But once we got into it, we just had the best time."
Because of this experience, Thompson said she knew she'd have to do the same for "Good Luck to You, Leo Grande," a film in which a retired teacher (Thompson) hires an escort (McCormack) to help her achieve her first orgasm.
"I knew Sophie [Hyde] and me and Daryl, we'd all said, 'We have to take our kit off before the day, otherwise it'll just feel too pointed,'" Thompson told Vanity Fair.
Thompson said the film's director, Hyde, arranged the nude rehearsal for them.
"The last day, she cleared the little rehearsal space, which had already become quite womblike," Thompson recalled of their nude rehearsal day. Then, Thompson said she told Hyde she'd have to take her clothes off as well.
After initially declining, Hyde decided to join in.
"So we all took our clothes off bit by bit," Thompson said, adding: "And each time we did, we said, 'This part of my body means this to me. And in this part of my body, I have felt these things. And in this part of my body, I've got this scar which came from this experience,' or, 'I've got an internal scar,' or, 'This is the bit that I like. This is the bit I don't like. I find this bit difficult.'"
Thompson said it's hard to accept one's body because of all of the "brainwashing" in the media, "but I can try to be the change," she said.
"Good Luck to You, Leo Grande" premiered on Hulu in June and is available to stream.
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer
- India's data centre market sees investment commitments of USD 21.4 billion in Jan-Jun 2023: CBRE