Emma Thompson says rehearsing nude for her new movie wasn't a first for her: 'I spent two delightful days nude with Jeff Goldblum when I was in my 20s'
- Emma Thompson said she had to spend a day rehearsing in the nude for her new movie "Good Luck to You, Leo Grande."
- She also revealed she spent "two delightful days in the nude with Jeff Goldblum" while filming "The Tall Guy."
Emma Thompson revealed at the Sundance Film Festival that she had to rehearse nude with costar Daryl McCormack for their new movie, "Good Luck to You, Leo Grande."
But the seasoned actress told Vanity Fair that this is not the first time she's had to rehearse for a film naked. In fact, in her 20s, she spent "two delightful days in the nude with Jeff Goldblum" when they were filming "The Tall Guy."
"We were both so nervous," she said of her naked days with Goldblum. "We both had indigestion I think for two weeks beforehand. But once we got into it, we just had the best time."
Because of this experience, Thompson said she knew she'd have to do the same for "Good Luck to You, Leo Grande," a film in which a retired teacher (Thompson) hires an escort (McCormack) to help her achieve her first orgasm.
"I knew Sophie [Hyde] and me and Daryl, we'd all said, 'We have to take our kit off before the day, otherwise it'll just feel too pointed,'" Thompson told Vanity Fair.
Thompson said the film's director, Hyde, arranged the nude rehearsal for them.
"The last day, she cleared the little rehearsal space, which had already become quite womblike," Thompson recalled of their nude rehearsal day. Then, Thompson said she told Hyde she'd have to take her clothes off as well.
After initially declining, Hyde decided to join in.
"So we all took our clothes off bit by bit," Thompson said, adding: "And each time we did, we said, 'This part of my body means this to me. And in this part of my body, I have felt these things. And in this part of my body, I've got this scar which came from this experience,' or, 'I've got an internal scar,' or, 'This is the bit that I like. This is the bit I don't like. I find this bit difficult.'"
Thompson said it's hard to accept one's body because of all of the "brainwashing" in the media, "but I can try to be the change," she said.
"Good Luck to You, Leo Grande" premiered on Hulu in June and is available to stream.
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- WhatsApp rolls out ability to create avatars on iOS
- One in four users unaware of crypto cybercrime risks: Cybersecurity firm Kaspersky
- Telegram adds real-time message translation in its new update
- Global smartphone revenue fall by 9% in 2022: Counterpoint Research
- Ex-military ruler Pervez Musharraf dies in Dubai: Pak media