Erin Andrews has an idea for a TV show and she wants Kevin Hart's help
- Erin Andrews revealed to Business Insider that she really wants to host a talk show.
- But that's not all: She wants to cohost it with Kevin Hart.
- It's just the latest idea Andrews has in how she wants to extend her brand beyond reporting on NFL sidelines. She's also pitching a TV series around Hollywood.
- Read our profile of Erin Andrews at Business Insider Prime.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Erin Andrews is busy these days working the sideline of NFL games for Fox Sports (including Super Bowl LIV on Sunday), cohosting ABC's "Dancing with the Stars," and even launching her own clothing line called WEAR, but she says she has enough time to do one more thing: host a talk show.
"That is something I would really like to do," Andrews told Business Insider.
And she thinks Kevin Hart would be the perfect cohost.
Now, on the surface that seems like a quite a reach. Why would a movie star like Hart even consider doing a talk show? But Andrews has a few ins. One, Hart is a huge sports fan, and one of his favorite teams is the Philadelphia Eagles. Also, both Andrews and Hart are represented by the same publicist, so it's actually not as far fetched as you might think.
Andrews said she's really looking up to former NFL star Michael Strahan and what he's done in the entertainment world since retiring from the gridiron (doing everything from the pregame show on Fox during the NFL season to hosting duties on ABC's "Good Morning America"). Though she said her first love will always be covering the NFL on the sidelines, she would like to see how to expand her brand beyond that. Andrews also told Business Insider that she's currently pitching a TV series around Hollywood that she would be a producer on.
But hosting a show is what she currently has her sights on - which brings us back to Hart.
"He's hilarious; he calls me out," Andrews said. "He called me a couple of weeks ago before the Eagles game to get me to give him some inside information, and I was like, 'Before I do that, let's talk about this show.'"
You have to respect Andrews' hustle.
Read the full BI Prime profile of Erin Andrews here: Erin Andrews tells us what it's like to be the NFL's top sideline reporter, from screaming players to late-night anxieties
- Lionel Messi wants to extend Argentina career and play in 2024 Copa America
- The 10 largest and most magnificent Hindu god statues worldwide
- Red flags for Indian equities emerge after crude oil jumps 30% since June this year
- Motorola Edge 40 Neo vs iQOO Z7 Pro – The phone to consider under ₹25,000
- Jasnil Kumar who works in a garment store becomes KBC 15's second crorepati