Fans are re-creating Miley Cyrus' makeup and hair from her new 'Midnight Sky' video, and the star is applauding their creativity
- Miley Cyrus released her "Midnight Sky" music video on August 14.
- Fans on Instagram have since shared how they are re-creating the lilac eye shadow, bright red lipstick, and shaggy mullet that she wears in the video.
- Cyrus reposted some of the re-created looks on her Instagram story over the weekend.
- Some creators reimagined the star's style, while others made their own unique looks inspired by the glittery makeup and bold styling.
Now, the singer is shining the spotlight on fans who have re-created the makeup looks she featured in her video, which marks her first single of 2020.Makeup artist Janice Daoud, who did Cyrus' look for "Midnight Sky," recently shared a post on Instagram showing how she achieved the star's glittery purple eye shadow and bright red lip.
MIDNIGHT SKY @mileycyrus Makeup @janicedaoud / @aframe_agency Hair @brycescarlett Styling @bradleykennetheyewear @bradleykennethstyle Photography / Executive Producer @vijatm Nails @stephstonenails #mileycyrus #midnightsky
A post shared by Janice Daoud (@janicedaoud) on Aug 14, 2020 at 1:14am PDT
Instagram users responded to Daoud's post, with many commenting on the star's hair and asking for details on her makeup."I'm obsessed with her hair," one user wrote.
"You've got to give us the deets on this makeup, please," another commented.Over the weekend, Cyrus re-shared via her Instagram story a number of looks created by fans.She spotlighted user @hollyjademua, who created a "Midnight Sky"-inspired makeup look featuring a bright-red lip color and vibrant purple eye shadow.
• ℑ , couldn’t get any good pics so enjoy this out of focus shot of me looking unimpressed with life & my burnt chest. creatively drained this week so I might be taking another little break from makeup. @maccosmetics @maccosmeticscanada Russian red lipstick + cherry lipliner. @purcosmetics love your selfie foundation and concealer in LN3, fully charged mascara. @nastygal necklace. @missguided earrings. #missguided #nastygal #pur #purcosmetics #mac #maccosmetics #makeup #makeupartist #mileycyrus #midnightsky #makeuptutorial #torontomakeupartist
A post shared by Holly Jade (@hollyjademua) on Aug 18, 2020 at 10:29am PDT
Jade shared that she used a MAC cosmetics lipstick in "Russian Red," which retails for $19 at the time of writing.
"The music video was just full of fashion that was edgy and powerful, but still done in a strong feminine way that really spoke to me," Cavalli told Insider.
A post shared by CARA CAVALLI ANDREWS (@caracavalli) on Aug 17, 2020 at 1:51pm PDT
"It was surreal getting posted on her Insta story! Drag artists more often than not aren't as celebrated by mainstream artists, but Miley is the complete opposite and has always been a huge proponent of LGBTQ+ talent," they added.
The creator noted that he used Folly Fire's $43 Creamy Matte Lipsticks in the colors "Full House" and "Lovers Are Yesterday."
The midnight sky is the road I’m taking⛓ - Inspired by the song ‘Midnight Sky’ by @mileycyrus _ Ft. The NEW @paulnotpowder Palette ‘IT Girl’ Discount Code: “DELORE” for 20% off! The FULL Collection will be launching on the 22nd, I hope you’re ready! _ Products _ @lithelashes in style ‘05’ @follyfire Creamy Matte Lipstick in ‘Full House’ & ‘Lovers Are Yesterday’ @benefitcosmetics Hoola Bronzer & Gimme Brow+ with Precisely My Brow Pencil ✏️ @freshladycontactlenses ‘ocean blue’ Discount Code: “jmdelore” for 10% off @fentybeauty Pro Filt’r Foundation (480) — Match Stick in shade ‘Ebony’ — Instant Retouch Setting Powder @colourpopcosmetics Créme Gel Liner _ _ _ #paulnotpowder #itgirlpalette #follyfirelipsticks #follyfire #blendingtherules #freshladycontactlenses #blackmua #fiercesociety #colourpopcosmetics #midnightsky #mileycirus #fentyfamily #fentyface #benefitbrows #benebabe #jmdelore
A post shared by Jeremiah (@jmdelore) on Aug 20, 2020 at 9:59am PDT
I was born to run, I don't belong to anyone, oh no. I don't need to be loved by you. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . @anastasiabeverlyhills @anastasiasoare @hudabeautyshop @hudabeauty @huda @makeupforever @urbandecaycosmetics @nyxcosmetics @nyxcosmetics_uk @fentybeauty @morphebrushes @tatti_lashes @maccosmetics @toofaced #hudabeauty #huda #hudabeautypalette #anastasiabeverlyhills #anastasiabrows #anastasiasoare #norvinapalette #norvina #benefitcosmetics #benefit #benefitbrows #urbandecay #toofaced #tattilashes #undiscovered_muas #undiscoveredmuas #undiscoveredmakeupartist
A post shared by ♡♡ (@xoletiziaox) on Aug 19, 2020 at 6:36am PDT
She noted that she used makeup by Anastasia Beverly Hills, Huda Beauty, and Urban Decay Cosmetics.
- Ishaan Khatter is the first Indian male and Gen Z celebrity to partner with women-first social networking app Bumble
- SC directs govt to implement its decision to forego interest on eight categories of loans
- Nissan India expands dealership and service station network ahead of Magnite launch next month
- Xiaomi sub-brand Redmi launches its first smartwatch for $45
- DHFL resolution: Adani Group, Piramal Enterprises and Oaktree may submit fresh bids for the entire portfolio