Fans are re-creating Miley Cyrus' makeup and hair from her new 'Midnight Sky' video, and the star is applauding their creativity
- Miley Cyrus released her "Midnight Sky" music video on August 14.
- Fans on Instagram have since shared how they are re-creating the lilac eye shadow, bright red lipstick, and shaggy mullet that she wears in the video.
- Cyrus reposted some of the re-created looks on her Instagram story over the weekend.
- Some creators reimagined the star's style, while others made their own unique looks inspired by the glittery makeup and bold styling.
Miley Cyrus released the music video for her new song, "Midnight Sky," on August 14.
Now, the singer is shining the spotlight on fans who have re-created the makeup looks she featured in her video, which marks her first single of 2020.
Makeup artist Janice Daoud, who did Cyrus' look for "Midnight Sky," recently shared a post on Instagram showing how she achieved the star's glittery purple eye shadow and bright red lip.
Daoud also credited hairstylist Bryce Scarlett, who brought Cyrus' shaggy blonde mullet to life; as well as the star's stylist, Bradley Kenneth.
Instagram users responded to Daoud's post, with many commenting on the star's hair and asking for details on her makeup.
"I'm obsessed with her hair," one user wrote.
"You've got to give us the deets on this makeup, please," another commented.
Over the weekend, Cyrus re-shared via her Instagram story a number of looks created by fans.
She spotlighted user @hollyjademua, who created a "Midnight Sky"-inspired makeup look featuring a bright-red lip color and vibrant purple eye shadow.
• ℑ , couldn’t get any good pics so enjoy this out of focus shot of me looking unimpressed with life & my burnt chest. creatively drained this week so I might be taking another little break from makeup. @maccosmetics @maccosmeticscanada Russian red lipstick + cherry lipliner. @purcosmetics love your selfie foundation and concealer in LN3, fully charged mascara. @nastygal necklace. @missguided earrings. #missguided #nastygal #pur #purcosmetics #mac #maccosmetics #makeup #makeupartist #mileycyrus #midnightsky #makeuptutorial #torontomakeupartist
Jade shared that she used a MAC cosmetics lipstick in "Russian Red," which retails for $19 at the time of writing.
Another creator Cyrus recognized was @caracavalli, who posted a video of a full re-creation tutorial, featuring a mullet wig and bodysuit similar to the ones Cyrus featured in her video.
"The music video was just full of fashion that was edgy and powerful, but still done in a strong feminine way that really spoke to me," Cavalli told Insider.
"It was surreal getting posted on her Insta story! Drag artists more often than not aren't as celebrated by mainstream artists, but Miley is the complete opposite and has always been a huge proponent of LGBTQ+ talent," they added.
Cyrus also re-shared a creation from Instagram user @jmdelore, who emulated the star's lip color and eye makeup — and even wore blue contact lenses to match Cyrus' eyes.
The midnight sky is the road I’m taking⛓ - Inspired by the song ‘Midnight Sky’ by @mileycyrus _ Ft. The NEW @paulnotpowder Palette ‘IT Girl’ Discount Code: “DELORE” for 20% off! The FULL Collection will be launching on the 22nd, I hope you’re ready! _ Products _ @lithelashes in style ‘05’ @follyfire Creamy Matte Lipstick in ‘Full House’ & ‘Lovers Are Yesterday’ @benefitcosmetics Hoola Bronzer & Gimme Brow+ with Precisely My Brow Pencil ✏️ @freshladycontactlenses ‘ocean blue’ Discount Code: “jmdelore” for 10% off @fentybeauty Pro Filt’r Foundation (480) — Match Stick in shade ‘Ebony’ — Instant Retouch Setting Powder @colourpopcosmetics Créme Gel Liner _ _ _ #paulnotpowder #itgirlpalette #follyfirelipsticks #follyfire #blendingtherules #freshladycontactlenses #blackmua #fiercesociety #colourpopcosmetics #midnightsky #mileycirus #fentyfamily #fentyface #benefitbrows #benebabe #jmdelore
The creator noted that he used Folly Fire's $43 Creamy Matte Lipsticks in the colors "Full House" and "Lovers Are Yesterday."
The star gave a shoutout to Instagram user @xoletiziaox, whose "Midnight Sky"-inspired look included a creative spin: drip-like eye makeup and white stars on her cheeks.
I was born to run, I don't belong to anyone, oh no. I don't need to be loved by you. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . @anastasiabeverlyhills @anastasiasoare @hudabeautyshop @hudabeauty @huda @makeupforever @urbandecaycosmetics @nyxcosmetics @nyxcosmetics_uk @fentybeauty @morphebrushes @tatti_lashes @maccosmetics @toofaced #hudabeauty #huda #hudabeautypalette #anastasiabeverlyhills #anastasiabrows #anastasiasoare #norvinapalette #norvina #benefitcosmetics #benefit #benefitbrows #urbandecay #toofaced #tattilashes #undiscovered_muas #undiscoveredmuas #undiscoveredmakeupartist
She noted that she used makeup by Anastasia Beverly Hills, Huda Beauty, and Urban Decay Cosmetics.
- Read more:
- People are re-creating Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion's 'WAP' outfits and styling, and the results are incredible
- Miley Cyrus and Cody Simpson have broken up after 10 months of dating. Here's a timeline of their relationship.
- Miley Cyrus says the best way to get over a breakup is to write a list of your ex's qualities and flaws, and give them a grade
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- The new Barbie movie used so much pink paint on set that it caused an international shortage, according to its production designer
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala