George Takei says none of the 'Star Trek' cast got along with 'prima donna' William Shatner
- "Star Trek" alum George Takei said none of the cast got along with William Shatner.
- Takei played Hikaru Sulu in the original series opposite Shatner's Captain James T. Kirk.
Of all the actors in "Star Trek: The Original Series," George Takei is arguably one of the most beloved alumni of the Starship Enterprise thanks to his vibrant online presence and his activism for the LGBTQ+ community.
And the 85-year-old star's career is showing no signs of slowing down, as he's currently set to star in the UK production of "Allegiance," which is based on his time imprisoned in US internment camps for Japanese American families during World War II.
The actor was asked whether the original cast had great camaraderie on set, and he said they were all close aside from one person.
Takei said: "Yes. Yes. YES. Except for one, who was a prima donna. But the rest of us shared a great camaraderie."
Takei went on to say that "none of us" got along with Shatner when working together, and noted that the actor's ego got in the way of his relationship with everyone.
He added: "He was self-involved. He enjoyed being the center of attention. He wanted everyone to kowtow to him."
However, Takei also pointed out that Shatner thinks he only discusses their feud to get free publicity out of him, and is keen to just promote his own work.
He explained: "I know he came to London to promote his book and talked about me wanting publicity by using his name. So I decided I don't need his name to get publicity. I have much more substantial subject matter that I want to get publicity for, so I'm not going to refer to Bill in this interview at all."
Although, the actor was also well aware that he was further fueling the fire by even mentioning Shatner.
Takei added: "Although I just did. He's just a cantankerous old man and I'm going to leave him to his devices. I'm not going to play his game."
- Toyota was right about hybrid cars all along
- The youngest son of Asia's richest man is getting married, and the pre-wedding event features Rihanna, a 9-page dress code, and live animals
- Check out some of the best and most daring looks at Ambani's pre-wedding bash — from Rihanna to Mark Zuckerberg
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds