Hailey Baldwin says she regrets getting a tattoo of a handgun when she was 18
- Hailey Bieber (née Baldwin) said she regrets getting a tattoo of a handgun when she was younger.
- "At 18, I was like, 'Yeah! That looks cool,'" she said in her cover story for Elle on Thursday.
- The model added that she "would never" get that design now because she thinks "guns are violent."
Hailey Bieber (née Baldwin) said she regrets getting a tattoo of a handgun at 18 years old due to her anti-gun-violence beliefs.
"I think at 18, I was like, 'Yeah! That looks cool,'" the model explained during her Elle cover story, published on Thursday.
She continued, "But now, as a 24-year-old, I would never do that. I think guns are violent."
After she got the tattoo, which sits on the inside of her middle finger, in 2015, Hailey shared a photo of the design on Instagram.
She captioned the picture: "tbh I don't know why I have this tattoo... just another story to tell lol. It is what it is."
She's advocated for gun-control legislation in the past
In recent years, the model has used her platform to advocate against gun violence.
The following year, Hailey stepped out in a KROST belt that had the words "For Support" on it. As Cosmopolitan's Shannon Barbour pointed out, KROST was the first fashion line to partner with March For Our Lives.
Hailey has more than 20 tattoos on her body
The handgun is just one of Hailey's many tattoos, though many of them are so tiny they're easy to miss.
She got her first tattoo, roman numerals of her parents' wedding date on her wrist, when she was 18, courtesy of celebrity tattoo artist JonBoy. He said Hailey visited his parlor for the first time with her father, Stephen Baldwin, the year prior.
"He was showing me all his tattoos that Kat Von D did and Hailey was like, 'Hey dad, can I get a tattoo?' And he said, 'When you're 18.' So when she turned 18, she came to me and got her parents' wedding dates in roman numerals on her wrist - from then on, she was hooked," JonBoy told Refinery29.
Now, Hailey has over 20 tattoos inspired by everything from her faith, her family, and her husband, Justin Bieber. Some of her more recent additions were done by Mr. K at Bang Bang Tattoo.
In October 2020, the artist shared photos of the model's new neck tattoo of the word "beleza," translating to "beauty" in Portuguese.
The design features the initial of Justin's first name along with a delicate star beside it.
- Oppo Find N3 Flip long term review - The end game for flip smartphones
- ED files first charge sheet against Chinese smartphone maker Vivo-India, others
- Redmi 13C 5G vs Redmi 12 5G – Battle of the budget Redmi smartphones
- Creating a search friendly resume – Here’s how to crack the ATS code
- Gold rush: Don’t recycle or book profits yet, another bull-run on the way say analysts