Hilarie Burton drove nearly 700 miles overnight to support her 'One Tree Hill' costar Bevin Prince when Prince's husband died
- On Friday, "One Tree Hill" actress Bevin Prince, 40, opened up about her husband, William Friend's, death on the "1 on 1 with John Evans" podcast.
- Prince shared how her "One Tree Hill" costar Hilarie Burton, 40, supported her through the hardship.
"One Tree Hill" actress Bevin Prince, 40, opened up about her husband's death in July on Friday during an appearance on the "1 on 1 with John Evans" podcast. Prince shared how her "One Tree Hill" costar Hilarie Burton, 40, supported her through the "absolute living nightmare."
Prince's late husband, William Friend, 33, died after being struck by lightning in Wilmington, North Carolina, according to the National Lightning Safety Council. Friend served as CEO of digital media company Bisnow before his sudden death.
Prince revealed that when Burton found out about her husband's death, the "One Tree Hill" star went above and beyond to support her friend.
"Hilarie got in her car when she found out my husband had passed and drove straight to my house overnight," she said on the podcast. "She showed up on my door, and she was like, 'Okay, what can I do?'
Burton, who lives in Upstate New York, drove nearly 700 miles to Wilmington, North Carolina to support Burton in the days following her husband's death.
"And she sat with me, and she was just, once again, showing me what a special human she is. Her intention for being there was just to help in any way possible. It wasn't, 'Look at how good I am. Look at what I'm doing for you.' And I'm just eternally grateful," Prince shared.
Burton played Peyton Sawyer on the hit CW series from 2003 to 2009, where she met Prince. Prince portrayed the "One Tree Hill" character Bevin from 2003 to 20012, when the series ended.
Prince added that her fellow costar Lee Norris, who played Marvin "Mouth" McFadden in the series, stopped by to pay his condolences.
In reflecting on her husband's passing publicly for the first time, Prince shed light on her grieving process.
"In my mind, there was absolutely nothing that could have been done. And I have to accept that this is larger than me and my understanding at this time," Prince said to Evans on his podcast.
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer