Iggy Azalea confirms that she's welcomed her first child
- Iggy Azalea announced that she has a son on her Instagram story on Wednesday.
- The Australian rapper, 30, explained that she kept "waiting for the right time" to announce her son's arrival but realized she was growing "anxious to share news that giant with the world."
- "I want to keep his life private and wanted to make it clear he is not a secret & I love him beyond words," she wrote.
- Azalea hasn't confirmed the child's name nor paternity.
Iggy Azalea has welcomed her first child, she announced on her Instagram story on Wednesday.
"I have a son," the Australian rapper, 30, wrote. "I kept waiting for the right time to say something but it feels like the more time passes the more I realize I'm always going to feel anxious to share news that giant with the world."
Azalea, whose real name is Amethyst Amelia Kelly, didn't share any photos of the baby nor did she announce the child's name.
"I want to keep his life private and wanted to make it clear he is not a secret & I love him beyond words," she said.
After the rumors surfaced, Azalea denied the pregnancy in a since-deleted tweet and wrote, "It would be so great if you stopped paying any mind to random tea pages."
She also posted an Instagram photo of herself lounging in a red bikini in December 2019, shortly after outlets reported the initial pregnancy speculations. She captioned the photo, "WISH U WERE HERE."
Following the full-body photo, the "Fancy" rapper stopped posting photos to Instagram until May 9.
Azalea is currently in a relationship with rapper Playboi Carti, whose real name is Jordan Carter, however she hasn't confirmed whether or not he is the child's father.
The couple met and began dating in 2018, moving in together shortly after. During an 2019 interview with Fader, the "Woke Up Like This" rapper, 23, said, "Once I started talking to her, I just cut off everybody. It was over with."
He explained that they prefer to keep their relationship private and aren't likely to collaborate in the future, though he added, "I support everything she does."
In July 2019, Azalea and Carti sparked engagement rumors after the "Black Widow" rapper posted an Instagram photo of herself wearing a large diamond on her left ring finger. Azalea has since deleted the photo, and neither of the musicians have confirmed the engagement.
- Seeking nominations for the 2024 rising stars of adtech
- Eli Lilly stock will surge 29% over the next year with its weight-loss drug on pace to do $60 billion in sales by 2030, BofA says
- A millennial who quit her office job to live in a school bus explains what her lifestyle costs and how she makes 6 figures freelancing
- Mukka Proteins IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- 10 Reasons why you should opt for plant-based diet