Kylie Jenner gave fans a tour of her home shower after being mocked online for having poor water pressure
- Kylie Jenner released a video showcasing her "amazing" home shower on Wednesday after being mocked online for having weak water pressure.
- The reality star clarified that the shower in her previous video is at the Kylie Cosmetics headquarters, not her $36.5 million mansion.
- But Jenner's attempt to debunk the criticisms about her water pressure was ultimately met with a new round of memes.
Kylie Jenner reacted to online ridicule of her shower's "sucky" water pressure in a video she shared to Instagram on Wednesday.
After posting an Instagram video of a luxurious shower with the caption, "my shower >," using the mathematical symbol for "greater than," people mocked the 23-year-old for having such a high-end shower with weak water pressure.
She responded to the onslaught of memes and jokes in an Instagram video on Wednesday. "Good morning, everybody. It is a beautiful day. I keep seeing on the internet my f---ing shower," she said.
Jenner clarified that the shower in the first video is located at her Kylie Cosmetics headquarters and said she has "no problem" with it despite the fact that people found it "concerning."
She then launched into a tour of her "everyday" shower in her $36.5 million Los Angeles home.
"This is my water pressure," she said as she stuck her hand under the showerhead. "It's amazing. Thank you everyone for your concern."
While Jenner may have intended to end the jokes by proving that her shower does, in fact, have strong water pressure, people on Twitter reacted to her video with a new round of memes and criticism.
Many of them commented that it felt like the reality star, who is reportedly worth an estimated $900 million, was "rubbing" her wealth in their faces.
—m i c h e l l e (@heirmii) January 20, 2021
—fan account. (@numbahonekai) January 20, 2021
—Jenniferferman (@Jenniferfermanm) January 20, 2021
—Charlotte Lepas (@CharlotteLepas) January 20, 2021
—vivi (@kyzztin) January 20, 2021
—ᴮᴱ ♕ ia (@yoonsepiphany) January 20, 2021
The water pressure debate is the latest drama involving Jenner, but she's faced a steady stream of backlash throughout the pandemic.
People have expressed their frustration at Jenner's international travels as many remain isolated at home far from friends at families and accused her of "cashing in" on the pandemic by selling $7 Kylie Skin hand sanitizer.
She's not the only Kardashian-Jenner experiencing increased scrutiny; Her entire family has been the subject of criticism for their handling of the coronavirus pandemic.
Kim Kardashian West sparked a meme trend after sharing photos from a private island she rented for her family and friends in October; Kendall Jenner was denounced for throwing a crowded, mask-free birthday party the next month; and Khloe Kardashian's fans weren't thrilled after she posted "tone deaf" pictures in which she surrounds herself with Louis Vuitton bags in December.
- The importance of multi-asset investing
- AirAsia looks to add tier-2 and tier -3 cities to its India route map
- Most Internet users avail of OTT services; 53% of them from rural areas: Report
- Companies to dole out 10% average salary hike this year, says survey
- Godrej Appliances expects 20% growth in AC, refrigerator sales in summer season