MUBI brings back MUBI GO – partners with PVR Cinemas to give subscribers one free ticket every week
- MUBI subscribers now get a chance to enjoy hand-picked films on the big screen.
- First weekly curated
MUBI GOfilm is Daniels’ Everything Everywhere All At Once
- Subscribers can redeem their weekly ticket via the MUBI GO app and also receive access to the MUBI streaming platform.
MUBI GO provides members with the opportunity to see a hand-picked film, chosen by MUBI’s curators, in PVR
The films selected for MUBI GO each week will highlight incredible cinema from around the globe, including titles from partner distributors that will not appear on MUBI’s streaming platform.
This week’s hand-picked film for India is Dan Kwan and Daniel Scheinert’s acclaimed Everything Everywhere All at Once. The cast includes Michelle Yeoh (Crazy Rich Asians, Tomorrow Never Dies), Stephanie Hsu (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Set It Up), Ke Huy Quan (Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom) and Jamie Lee Curtis (Knives Out, True Lies), among others. It’s a film about an aging Chinese immigrant swept up in an insane adventure, where she alone can save the world by exploring other universes connecting with the lives she could have led.
Svetlana Naudiyal, Programming Director, Asia commented: “As the biggest fans of the theatrical experience, we are thrilled to bring back MUBI GO in India, in association with PVR Cinemas. We truly believe in celebrating cinema in all forms and therefore it gives us great joy that we are able to do our bit for the film distribution ecosystem through. MUBI GO received immense love and appreciation on its launch prior to the pandemic. We are excited that our members can once again watch amazing films not only online but also in real cinemas across the country.”
Commenting on the renewal of the partnership after PVR Cinemas reopened after the pandemic, Sanjeev Kumar Bijli, Joint Managing Director, PVR Limited, said, “Film exhibition business was one of the earliest and the hardest to be hit by the global pandemic and everyone thought that the golden days of cinema was over. However PVR as a brand showed resilience by continuing to redefine itself, personalize experiences and stay relevant to changing times. It always believed that OTT as home entertainment and Cinemas as out-of-home entertainment will co-exist. The renewal of the PVR and MUBI GO association after cinemas are back in action demonstrates this belief”.
MUBI GO : How does it work?
- Each week, MUBI’s curators hand-pick a new film opening in theaters as the “Film of the Week.”
- Members receive a ticket code generated via the MUBI GO app that can be presented each week at participating theaters to claim one complimentary ticket.
- By subscribing to MUBI GO, members will also receive full access to Mubi’s streaming platform.
- For a limited time, new users can sign up for a one-year MUBI GO subscription at a special discounted price of ₹2499 (regularly priced at ₹3,588).
Popular on BI
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma steps down as Paytm Payments Bank Chairman
- Goa partners with World Bank to tackle sea level rise, coastal erosion and other climate change-related hazards
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Ring with health-tracking features at MWC
- Govt may look at enhanced KYC requirements for certain class of corporates
- Sebi cautions investors against fraudulent trading platforms offering stock mkt access via FPI route