'Peacemaker' is the biggest streaming TV series in the world right now, as HBO Max originals gain momentum
- HBO Max's "Peacemaker" was the most in-demand
streamingseries in the world as of January 22.
- It surpassed Netflix's "The Witcher" and Disney+'s "The Book of Boba Fett."
The series, which is a spinoff of last year's "The Suicide Squad" and was created by the movie's director James Gunn, was the most in-demand original streaming
Parrot Analytics measures audience demand, which accounts for the interest in and engagement with, or overall popularity, of a TV series.
"Peacemaker," starring John Cena in the title role, surpassed Netflix's hit fantasy series "The Witcher" and Disney+'s "Star Wars" show "The Book of Boba Fett" in demand.
It reflects the growing popularity of HBO Max originals. Throughout 2021, total demand for Max series grew by 39.2%. Demand for Netflix originals in the same 12-month period grew by 10.3%.
Parrot Analytics said that Max was the fastest-growing major streaming service in 2021 when it came to demand share for originals.
By the end of the year, total demand for Max originals was well ahead of Netflix. The chart below illustrates the growth:
The demand for Max's originals is impressive given that it has far fewer subscribers than Netflix and Disney+. Netflix said last week that it had 222 million subscribers worldwide. Disney+ had 118 million global subscribers as of October.
HBO and Max ended 2021 with a combined 73.8 million subscribers, according to parent company AT&T, surpassing projections while Netflix and Disney+'s subscriber growth had slowed.
DC content will be essential for Max's growth throughout 2022 and beyond. New series like "Green Lantern" and "Justice League Dark" are in development. A "Batgirl" movie is in the works for the service to debut this year. Theatrically released Warner Bros. movies will have a 45-day window before debuting on HBO Max, including "The Batman," which hits theaters in March.
"Peacemaker" has been a hit with critics as well and has a 94% Rotten Tomatoes critic score.
"Cena was a stand-out in 'The Suicide Squad,' an impressive feat considering the stacked deck that was its cast, and he's even better in 'Peacemaker,'" Jarrod Jones wrote for AV Club.
- Govt approves PLI scheme for making drones with outlay of Rs 120 cr, comes out with norms
- Apple transportation through drones to become reality in tribal Kinnaur district of HP
- Researchers develop device that uses sound waves to separate blood-based nanoparticles
- 5 Bihar villages to be developed into human-carnivore coexistence zone
- Delhi's air quality will likely improve from Sunday evening, says IMD
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World