Phoebe Dynevor confirms she will not be returning for 'Bridgerton' season 3, but could reprise her role 'potentially in the future'
- "Bridgerton" star Phoebe Dynevor told Screen Rant that she is not returning for the third season.
- Dynevor played Daphne Bridgerton, the main character in the first season.
"Bridgerton" star Phoebe Dynevor confirmed she will not return for the third season.
Dynevor played the lead character Daphne Bridgerton in the first season of the hit Netflix series and returned as a guest star in season two.
In a new interview with Screen Rant, while attending the Sundance Festival, Dynevor said that she may be a part of future seasons but not the upcoming one.
"Sadly not in season three," the 27-year-old actor said. "Potentially in the future. But in season three, I'm just excited to watch as a viewer."
Dynevor would not be the first main actor to leave the "Bridgerton" universe.
In another interview with Variety published earlier this week, Dynevor seemed to suggest her role in the story is complete.
"I did my two seasons. I've done what I wanted to do with that character and she had a great arc," she told the publication. "If they ask me back in the future, who knows? For now, I am just really enjoying having new experiences and making films and we'll see what happens."
Page said that the show's producers told him: "It's a one-season arc. It's going to have a beginning, middle, end – give us a year."
"[I thought] 'That's interesting,' because then it felt like a limited series. I get to come in, I get to contribute my bit and then the Bridgerton family rolls on," he added.
The second season focused on a new main couple, Anthony Bridgerton (Jonathan Bailey) and Kate Sharma (Simone Ashley). Daphne returned with her child with Simon, but Page's character was conveniently away.
Season three will again focus on a new couple, Colin Bridgerton (Luke Newton) and Penelope Featherington (Nicola Coughlan).
Last year, new "Bridgerton" showrunner Jess Brownell told Variety last year that Daphne, Anthony, and Kate would all appear in the next season.
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley
- Reserve Bank asks NPCI to help continue operations of Paytm app
- Top 10 places to visit in Andhra Pradesh
- CBI to arrest Kejriwal in few days, will serve him notice by evening: AAP