Simon Cowell has been hospitalized with a broken back after he fell off an e-bike
- British music mogul Simon Cowell has been rushed to hospital with a broken back after falling off an electric bike in California.
- Cowell had to undergo surgery but was "doing fine," according to a spokesperson.
- He was due to return to the first live show of "America's Got Talent" on Tuesday.
Simon Cowell has been hospitalized with a broken back after he fell off his e-bike in Malibu, California.
A spokesperson for the TV personality said Cowell had to have surgery but that he is "doing fine."
"Simon had a fall from his bike testing his new electric bike in the courtyard at his house in Malibu with his family. He hurt his back and was taken to hospital," the spokesperson said on Saturday, according to the Daily Mail.
"He's doing fine, he's under observation and is in the best possible hands," she added.
Cowell's surgery comes roughly a week before he was due to return to his show "America's Got Talent".
In the last few months, the 60-year-old been pictured going on bike rides with his family, in what is thought to be an effort to embrace a healthier lifestyle.
Cowell has also become a global
- Juniper Hotels shares jump over 10% after flat market debut
- Rupee turns flat at 82.89 against US dollar in early trade
- Stock market indices kick off trading day with stability, witnessing a mix of gains and losses
- Behavioral Finance Principles
- Apple cancels self-driving EV project, to lay off workers: Report