SZA said she screamed so loud when Lizzo won record of the year at the Grammys that it was picked up during the show's broadcast
- Lizzo won record of the year at the Grammys on Sunday for her hit song "About Damn Time."
- SZA commented on Lizzo's Instagram Monday that she screamed so loud it could be heard on the broadcast.
After Lizzo was announced the winner for record of the year at the Grammys on Sunday, screams of celebration could be heard from across the Crypto.com Arena. It turns out SZA was one of her loudest supporters.
Lizzo, who won the award for her hit single "About Damn Time," shared a video of her speech on Instagram Monday, which earned more than one million views.
SZA revealed in the comments that she was behind the "high-pitched scream" after Lizzo's name was announced, adding that she couldn't believe it could be heard around the venue.
"The high pitched scream is me and I can't believe you can hear it from across the room. Sorry not sorry ... I cried," she wrote. "You deserve it ALL love you."
The comment wracked up more than 46,000 likes on Monday. SZA was also nominated for best melodic rap performance for her feature in DJ Khaled's "Beautiful" and served as a presenter at the awards show.
Lizzo and SZA appear to have formed a tight bond. On January 3, Lizzo shared a clip from her HBO Max special "Lizzo: Live in Concert" on Instagram which showed SZA on stage with her, per People.
As the two jump up and down and hug in front of a raucous audience, SZA can be heard praising and thanking Lizzo.
"This is my fuckin' fave. Make some noise for my fuckin' fave, Lizzo," she said. "This is unreal, thank you so much for even just being my friend. I love you. You're special."
In her Instagram caption, Lizzo referred to SZA as her "actual sister."
"My actual sister. I could cry thinking about you right now. Nothing could make special more special than you @sza," she wrote.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Best flagship phones in India in 2023
- Small Size Bluetooth speakers in India
- IIT Madras tops Indian institute ranking fifth year in a row – here are the top 10
- Best tablets under ₹5000 in India
- Speedy, small loan market sees Muthoot Microfin make an entry