The first footage for 'The Batman' movie is here and it gives us our first good look at Robert Pattinson as the Dark Knight
- We finally have footage of the next Batman
- Director Matt Reeves debuted the first look at "
The Batman" starring Robert Pattinsonon Saturday during DC FanDome's virtual event.
- "The Batman" is set for an October 1, 2021, release date.
Director Matt Reeves debuted a teaser trailer for "The Batman" on Saturday at
It's not an origin tale. Instead, Reeves said this iteration of the Dark Knight will follow Bruce Wayne during his second year in the role as the Caped Crusader.
Reeves described the film as a detective story about corruption in Gotham. Because the film takes place early in Wayne's career as Batman, Reeves said fans shouldn't expect to see fully formed heroes and villains as they're used to seeing them. They're iterations of the characters we know and love during their early days.
This Batman won't be adored by Gotham citizens. Reeves said they'll fear him.
Zoe Kravitz will play a younger Catwoman/Selina Kyle and Jeffrey Wright will play Commissioner James Gordon. Reeves teased that Paul Dano plays a version of The Riddler we've never seen before. Colin Farrell's Oswald Cobblepot is so early in his career as the Penguin that he doesn't even like the nickname yet in this film.
"The Batman" will continue filming in September and is set for an October 1, 2021, release date.
- Sennheiser Profile USB Streaming Set review: The go-to microphone for those starting their streaming or podcasting journey
- LIC to Wipro and Vodafone Idea: Stocks which hit a new 52-week low today
- Project Tiger to complete 50 years of tiger conservation next month
- Early-stage startups keen on hiring for mid and junior roles, says a FICCI survey
- SEBI recovers dues worth ₹6.57 crore from Sahara Group firms, Subrata Roy & others