Tyra Banks defends Olivia Jade and calls her 'brave' ahead of 'Dancing With the Stars' debut
Tyra Bankssaid Olivia Jadeis "so brave" ahead of the " Dancing With the Stars" premiere.
- She added that people "don't know" Giannulli, they "know what happened to her."
- Giannulli made headlines in 2019 when her parents were charged in the
college admissions scandal.
Tyra Banks is defending Olivia Jade Giannulli ahead of the YouTuber's debut on season 30 of "Dancing With the Stars."
In an interview with Entertainment Tonight published on Wednesday, the supermodel said that while Giannulli might not be a "
"I think Olivia is so brave. I think people don't know her, they know what happened to her," Banks said.
She continued that she trusts Giannulli when the "
Banks added: "She has said that she did not know about what was going on and it's really sad, and it's very hurtful when something publicly happens but you had nothing to do with it."
Giannulli is one of 15 contestants set to take to the "DWTS" ballroom floor on September 20 to show off their dancing skills. Banks, who is hosting the show, said that by choosing to join the cast, Giannulli is going to "tell her story and show her vulnerability."
Giannulli attracted widespread controversy in 2019 when her parents, actress
As a result, Massimo served a five-month sentence in prison starting November 2020, while Loughlin was released from prison in December 2020 after serving a two-month sentence.
Prior to the college admissions scandal, Giannulli had a partnership with Sephora and was best known for her popular YouTube channel where she shared beauty and fashion tips.
- Silicon Valley needs to stop laying off workers and start firing CEOs
- A laid-off Google engineer describes losing his 'only career' 16 years after starting as an intern
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- Parents didn't pressure me says Indian-American prodigy who made it to 'world's brightest' students list
- VAHAN 2023 Jan report: Here’s which company sold the most, and the least 2-wheeler EVs
- Adani group market cap jumps ₹42,000 crore on Wednesday in Adani Enterprises-led rally
- OnePlus 11 vs OnePlus 11R – price, specs and features compared
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise