Tyra Banks defends Olivia Jade and calls her 'brave' ahead of 'Dancing With the Stars' debut
Tyra Bankssaid Olivia Jadeis "so brave" ahead of the " Dancing With the Stars" premiere.
- She added that people "don't know" Giannulli, they "know what happened to her."
- Giannulli made headlines in 2019 when her parents were charged in the
college admissions scandal.
Tyra Banks is defending Olivia Jade Giannulli ahead of the YouTuber's debut on season 30 of "Dancing With the Stars."
In an interview with Entertainment Tonight published on Wednesday, the supermodel said that while Giannulli might not be a "
"I think Olivia is so brave. I think people don't know her, they know what happened to her," Banks said.
She continued that she trusts Giannulli when the "
Banks added: "She has said that she did not know about what was going on and it's really sad, and it's very hurtful when something publicly happens but you had nothing to do with it."
Giannulli is one of 15 contestants set to take to the "DWTS" ballroom floor on September 20 to show off their dancing skills. Banks, who is hosting the show, said that by choosing to join the cast, Giannulli is going to "tell her story and show her vulnerability."
Giannulli attracted widespread controversy in 2019 when her parents, actress
As a result, Massimo served a five-month sentence in prison starting November 2020, while Loughlin was released from prison in December 2020 after serving a two-month sentence.
Prior to the college admissions scandal, Giannulli had a partnership with Sephora and was best known for her popular YouTube channel where she shared beauty and fashion tips.
- Cabinet okays Rs 75K cr rooftop solar scheme, 1 cr households to get subsidy of up to Rs 78K
- Top 10 places to visit in Odisha
- Sensex, Nifty close higher in volatile trade; RIL gains after mega-merger deal
- Ad spending in India to reach $17 bn in FY24, consumption to rebound: Redseer
- Sebi bans 12 entities from securities mkt for manipulative trades in V Marc India