EXCLUSIVE: What if being active on social media could earn you cryptocurrency?
Ever since the Cambridge Analytica massacre opened our eyes to the perils of
No, this is not a story on influencer marketing. Rather, it's a story about a comparatively lesser-known platform, called
Now, the platform is shedding a little more light on how it plans to do so. The answer is in something that's as much of a buzzword today as social media itself -
The platform, which is two million users strong at the moment, is going to announce its own cryptocurrency, called
While Vollar is similar to any cryptocurrency out there, it differs in two important aspects. For one, the first 50 million adopters of Vollar can earn the currency simply by being active on VoxWeb, though there will be an upper limit. That essentially means your social behaviour acts as a miner for earning the currency. VoxWeb's Founder and CEO, Yash Mishra, says they might even consider increasing the number to 100 million users later.
Second, Mishra says Vollar is different in how its currency/monetary policy has been formulated. The currency policy is how a crypto provider manages the volatility of his/her currency. Mishra says VoxWeb's policies can ensure that Vollar doesn't fluctuate as much as
Vollar will initially be part of the VoxWeb platform, where it will be used to "build e-commerce and fintech based revenue streams". However, it will eventually be sold on coin exchanges etc. So, users will one day be able to buy Vollar for cash or perhaps exchange other cryptocurrencies for Vollar.
While Mishra doesn't explicitly say so, the move is obviously an effort at providing a hook. VoxWeb plans to disseminate the currency to 50 million early adopters. With two million users on the platform, that theoretically means all of VoxWeb's current users will have the chance to make some crypto cash. And more users might come onboard because they are essentially being paid for it.
As a platform, VoxWeb is similar to Instagram. But instead of photos only, it lets you add a voice clip to the pictures.
Being the creator of the currency, VoxWeb will create the
Popular on BI
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders