Facebook is strengthening its India investments – partners with VCs to aid small businesses
- In the first edition, Facebook has partnered with Mumbai-based Sauce.vc.
- Earlier in June, Facebook had invested an undisclosed amount in social e-commerce startup Meesho.
AdvertisementFacebook India announced a VC Brand Incubator Program where it is partnering with venture capital funds in India to aid small and medium sized businesses. Facebook will help accelerate the growth of SMBs in which the VCs have invested.
“SMBs are the backbone of our economy and Facebook is the default destination for them to thrive and grow. Their seamless growth can lead to consistent job creation, adding to GDP growth. Working with VC funds is crucial as it allows us to scale and support SMBs at an early-stage itself, fast-tracking their growth,” said Archana Vohra, Director, Small and Medium Businesses at Facebook India.
Vohra also said that several SMBs are aiding a larger social change. They are empowering women entrepreneurs, while impacting businesses in tier-2 and tier-3 towns.
To help drive this change, Facebook partnered with early stage venture capital fund Mumbai-based Sauce.vc.
As a part of the program, Facebook experts will organise skilling and training sessions that will help SMBs expand their businesses via digital medium.
Facebook, which helps 90 million small businesses globally, has been investing in the Indian ecosystem.
In June, the social media giant invested an undisclosed amount in an Indian social commerce startup Meesho. This was the first time that the global giant had picked up equity in an Indian startup. Meesho is a marketplace for resellers, and connects them with customers via social media channels like WhatsApp and Facebook.
All these initiatives seem to steer in the direction of Facebook establishing itself as the next big marketplace for businesses.
Facebook invests in Meesho showing that it will enter online e-commerce sooner than later
Popular on BI
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Kim Jong Un abruptly reappears after 36 days out of the spotlight and orders North Korea to 'prepare for war'
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000