Facebook is doing a $6 billion stock buyback
Facebook is buying back $6 billion of its stock from shareholders, the company announced in a SEC filing on Friday. The repurchase program will begin in the first quarter of 2017, per the filing.
Facebook also announced that its chief accounting officer, Jas Athwal, is retiring in a separate filing.
Visit Markets Insider for constantly updated market quotes for individual stocks, ETFs, indices, commodities and currencies traded around the world. Go Now!
Popular on BI
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden
- Global trends, macroeconomic data to drive equity markets this week: Analysts
- New Parliament building inauguration: 'Sarva-Dharma Prarthana' ceremony held
- List of Famous things to buy in Coorg